No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Looks Back at Pacquiao vs. Barrera One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Looks Back at Pacquiao vs. Barrera One

In February of 2000, Marco Antonio Barrera was considered a huge underdog heading into his fight against bitter rival Erik Morales. There once was a time when Barrera was considered the heir apparent to Julio Cesar Chavez because of his debilitating attack and fierce demeanor but a pair of heartbreaking losses to Brooklyn's Junior Jones in 1996 and 1997 left his career up in the air. [Click Here To Read More]

Larry Merchant Looks Back at Barrera's whip by Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
      Larry Merchant Looks Back at Barrera's whip by Pacquiao.
      Pac is a really good fighter man i mean ive never seen anyone like him....but can you PLEASE fight a prime fighter that hasnt been devastatingly beating within the last year

Comment

Originally posted by choelzle View Post
        Pac is a really good fighter man i mean ive never seen anyone like him....but can you PLEASE fight a prime fighter that hasnt been devastatingly beating within the last year
        he fought clottey. and clottey had only lost a sd to cotto.
        and if you look at the welterweight rankings, besides mayweather, they've all had devastating losses. it comes with the territory of having one of the toughest weight classes in boxing.

it's like at 140.. the majority of those dudes now have some rough losses due to the amount of competition.

Comment

very true - the people who claim PAc has fought weak opp know nothing - who has Pac ducked? he waited too long to fight Mosely? that's usually the best people can come up with - b/c he fought the top featherweights and jr lightweights - Barrera, Morales and Marquez. Fought the best jr. welters and welterweights - Hatton, Cotto, Clottey. He didnt spend any time at lightweight, but the top fighters at the time - Campbell, Diaz - wouldve got destroyed too. Now, it's already obvious that PAc will fight Marquez again in the fall, which is the fight that should be happening now.
          If, in '12, the Mayweather fight still doesnt get made, then it's time for PAc to take on some of the top young guns, such as Ortiz or Bradley. If he doesn't, and fights a Cotto rematch or Cintron in Spring '12, then he deserves to be criticized heavily.

Comment

this article is going to piss off a lot of pac fans, barrera had problems before the pacquiao fight, what? you're kidding "this is news to me"

Comment

Great couple of fights. I need to check them both out again

Comment

Originally posted by rasdun View Post
                If, in '12, the Mayweather fight still doesnt get made, then it's time for PAc to take on some of the top young guns, such as Ortiz or Bradley. If he doesn't, and fights a Cotto rematch or Cintron in Spring '12, then he deserves to be criticized heavily.
                Not really, at that point he'll be fighting prob his last couple fights of his career. He can fight anyone at that point. He's paid his dues

Originally posted by bose View Post
                this article is going to piss off a lot of pac fans, barrera had problems before the pacquiao fight, what? you're kidding "this is news to me"
                Not really either. It doesn't matter. We're all human and we all have all kinds of shiiit going on. Same thing with fighters. They're pros. They have to deal with it. Some do better than others i.e., Shane going into the Margz fight

Comment

no one thought pac was gonna win this

Comment

Originally posted by bose View Post
                    no..actually this is old news..

Comment

Working...
                    X