Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Victor Ortiz Suffers Setback, Has Second Surgery on Jaw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Victor Ortiz Suffers Setback, Has Second Surgery on Jaw

Former welterweight champion Victor Ortiz had to have a second surgery on his fractured jaw about a week and half ago, Golden Boy Promotions matchmaker Eric Gomez told BoxingScene.com.

According to Gomez, a second surgery had to be performed on Ortiz because the jaw was not healing properly after the first surgery. Ortiz had surgery the day after his technical knockout loss to Josesito Lopez at Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Ortiz suffered two fractures on the right side of his jaw during his fight against Lopez on June 23rd. During the surgery, Ortiz had a small titanium plate inserted in his jaw, along with having his mouth wired shut.

Even after Ortiz was able to open his mouth again a few weeks later, the bones were not aligning correctly. [Click Here To Read More]

He's ducking Mayorga.. -_- lol

Comment

Lopez took Victor's soul. lol

Comment

Damn..... Hope he gets it together

Comment

damn that sucks

Comment

Before they're both done I hope we get to see Ortiz vs. Rios. The bad blood between them plus the fact that they both are always in entertaining fights would be sure to be a FOTY and maybe even be one of those special nights where the both of their names are mentioned together like Gatti-Ward.

Comment

Man!! I think this is Victor Ortiz defining moment, he won't ever be the same after what Lopez did to him. these kind of set backs do have its impacts on ones life in the ring, I just don't see him coming back from this.

Comment

Damn thats a shame

Comment

thought he broke it again surfing or doing some other white boy ****. o well. RIP to his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Cali boxer View Post
                    Before they're both done I hope we get to see Ortiz vs. Rios.
                    This, plus I still want to see Ortiz-Maidana II. That was FOTY '09 as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Working...
                    X