No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale's Chin Tested By Wilczewski, Wins EBU Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DeGale's Chin Tested By Wilczewski, Wins EBU Crown

Echo Arena, Liverpool - James DeGale (11-1, 8KOs) won a twelve round majority decision over a very game Piotr Wilczewski (29-2, 10KOs) to win the EBU super middleweight title. The scores were 114-114, 115-113, 115-113. It was DeGale first bout since losing a close decision to George Groves a few months ago.

[Click Here To Read More]

He was on queer street in 1 of the rounds, he needs to stop switching stances ever minute, stop doing the shoulder roll in a southpaw stance, needs to adjust much earlier but that's put down to his boxing I.Q & most importantly, GET A NEW TRAINER!

Comment

He won by a wider margin then that....Wilczewski was competitive but clearly lost that fight

Comment

quality from degale thought he won by a wider margin but he got there in the end. i think it's time now for james 2 do what Khan did and get out the country with a new team. He's certainly not ready for a Kessler yet but will be!!

Comment

Well done chunky good stuff! Just please stop doing the shoulder roll and dropping your left so low without any head movement otherwise you will be in trouble at world class! Don't rush for the world title, defend your belt a few times keep learning and your time will come. You will be world champion

Comment

I really wonder if this guy has any shot at beating anybody decent..I wonder if he could beat green,or even a Bika or Miranda??

Comment

missed the fight, but from what i see, he did good enough to get the win. need to watch it later for sure.

Comment

good scrap but DeGale's chances for becoming a WC in a loaded division as the 168 is are slim to none. Dude is a ok fighter but not in the level of the monsters in that weight class. His chin won't take Froch's, Bute's or any of those guys punches...

Comment

Looked painfully average and has nothing about him that makes me think he can mix it at anything above european level. Too many people falling for the old Frank Warren hype job again, sad to say Cleverly looks the same.

Comment

DeGale made heavy work of it, but he won the rounds that counted, and I was happy to see him throw some punches. Had he adopted that approach against Groves he would have won at a canter.

Not seen enough from DeGale to suggest he can live up to this ridiculous hype.

Still, already better than our other recent gold medalist..

Comment

Working...
                    X