No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Audley Harrison Calls It A Career At Age 41

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Audley Harrison Calls It A Career At Age 41

An open statement from Audley Harrison: Around the time great Olympians like Cassius Clay (Muhammad Ali), Floyd Mayweather and our very own Amir Khan were starting their Olympic journey and winning their medals. I was just getting serious with life – lacing on a pair of boxing gloves for the 1st time age 19. I was a young tear away, expelled from two schools, had no qualifications and was just released from a young offenders institution.

If you told me then I would be a two-time national champion, Commonwealth Games Gold Medalist, Olympic Games Gold Medalist, B.Sc. University Graduate. M.B.E, European Heavyweight Champion, married, and a parent, I would likely have said that’s just stupid talk. In the rough neighborhoods where I grew up, it’s hard to make dreams come true.

There are only so many times you can fall before it becomes foolhardy to continue. I’ve fallen a lot, but winning the heavyweight title was a destination I really wanted to get to. Coming back from adversity has been synonymous with my life.

I’ve done well to turn my life around, but sadly my dream to be a legitimate world champion will be unrealised. [Click Here To Read More]

Finally! Their is a god

Comment

Get the f uc k outta here Audley.

Comment

Thank god.

I liked ya, Audley.

Thanks for the fights, the memories, and the motivational speeches.

Comment

Never won heavyweight gold but was the number 1 at the Olympics which deserves credit. Won a fight by Ko with 1 arm and kept coming back from adversity. Thanks for the memories.

Comment

Harrison was known as A-Farce by some and ****-Force by others (including me), but this was a nice speech of thanks by him! I wish him well! He was just not made to be a professional but he was a great amateur.

Comment

bout time, hope you stay retired

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                Thank god.

I liked ya, Audley.

Thanks for the fights, the memories, and the motivational speeches.
                i agree

he talked a good fight but more often than not he **** out

glad hes retired

Comment

He still achieved more than 99% of fighters that turn pro even with not winning a world title. He's made good money that (if he's careful) will let him and his family live a comfortable life. Time to relax and enjoy the life that hard work and a bit of luck provided him with.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
                    Harrison was known as A-Farce by some and ****-Force by others (including me), but this was a nice speech of thanks by him! I wish him well! He was just not made to be a professional but he was a great amateur.
                    lmao! pissed myself laughing

Comment

Working...
                    X