Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who had more amateur experience: Canelo or Chavez Jr?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who had more amateur experience: Canelo or Chavez Jr?

I keep hearing the reason for Canelo's lackluster schedule thus far is because Canelo only had 40 something amateur fights.

Well, Chavez Jr had maybe 2 amateur fights.

Canelo was born in 1990.

Chavez Jr 1986.

Canelo started fighting in 2005 at the age of 15 like many other Mexican fighters.

Chavez Jr started fighting in 2003 at the age of 17, like many other Mexican fighters.

Someone explain why Chavez Jr has helped clean out his weight class while only losing to one of the best P4P fighters in the world; while Canelo has......... well, we all know what he's been doing.

chavez jr never had any amateur fights...

Comment

Chavez had 0 amatuer fights

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        I keep hearing the reason for Canelo's lackluster schedule thus far is because Canelo only had 40 something amateur fights.

Canelo was born in 1990.

Chavez Jr 1986.

Canelo started fighting in 2005 at the age of 15 like many other Mexican fighters.

Chavez Jr started fighting in 2003 at the age of 17, like many other Mexican fighters.

Someone explain why Chavez Jr has helped clean out his weight class while only losing to one of the best P4P fighters in the world; while Canelo has......... well, we all know what he's been doing.
        Chavez facing Martinez is better opposition than anyone Mayweather has faced in the last three years combined.

Comment

chavez jr was too old and not good enough to try to aim for the Olympics but he has a famous last name.... amateurs you dont get paid, pros you can get paid, more than your worth, for your last name.

Its an easy decision

Comment

Helped clean out his weight class?? Beyond stupid. Helped who? Is this a team sport? Jr didn't do **** and got clowned by his first quality opponent.

Comment

Chavez Jr had 2 exhibition matches before he turned pro

Either way, why has JCC Jr accomplished so much when he was put in the same boat as Canelo and Canelo has accomplished absolutely nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
                Helped clean out his weight class?? Beyond stupid. Helped who? Is this a team sport? Jr didn't do **** and got clowned by his first quality opponent.
                Martinez didn't help Jr clean out the division before they fought?

Lol @ Jr didn't do schit.

If Jr hasn't done schit, then Canelo doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post

Canelo was born in 1990.

Chavez Jr 1986.

Chavez had NO amateur fights . the two you're talking about were not fights they were tryouts with a friend of his. 40 amateur fights for Alvarez are very few, no wonder his progress was slow, and mostly against low level fighters. He needed the experience.

I myself, had 62 fights, and never considered turning pro, alhough I had offers.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    Chavez had NO amateur fights . the two you're talking about were not fights they were tryouts with a friend of his. 40 amateur fights for Alvarez are very few, no wonder his progress was slow, and mostly against low level fighters. He needed the experience.

I myself, had 62 fights, and never considered turning pro, alhough I had offers.
                    Friends never fought in the amateurs?

I hate to break it to you, but anything that's not sanctioned is an exhibition or in other words, amateur.

Either way, what's taking Canelo so long. JCC Jr was in the same boat under worst circumstances but still accomplished more at the same point in his career.

Comment

Working...
                    X