No announcement yet.

ESPN Suspends Teddy Atlas For One Week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Suspends Teddy Atlas For One Week

Credible sources have informed BoxingScene.com that Teddy Atlas has been suspended for one-week by ESPN. While the reasoning has not been confirmed, it doesn't take a genius to figure the situation out. On January 18, I wrote a report with respect to a verbal confrontation which took place between Atlas, ringside analyst for ESPN's Friday Night Fight Series, and the network's boxing program director, Doug Loughrey. [details]

I doubt Versus or Showtime would be unhappy to have Teddy Atlas as an option to hire. He should tell ESPN to **** off, because that is ****ing bull**** that he got suspended for telling the truth.

ESPN's telecasts really aren't that great anymore, and this might be the reason.

Comment

Teddy is one of the reasons FNF is watchable when the matchups are ****, ESPN better chill the **** out.

Comment

ESPN should be happy Atlas even is invovled with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar View Post
          ESPN should be happy Atlas even is invovled with them.
          I concur, Teddy makes some of their less than stellar matches watchable. Danny's boxrec is confusing AS HELL.
          Last edited by SkillspayBills; 01-25-2008, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
            Teddy is one of the reasons FNF is watchable when the matchups are ****, ESPN better chill the **** out.
            agreed teddy did the right thing and he's the reason i watch FNF

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
              Yep. I like Atlas. He speaks the truth and seems like he genuinely cares about the fighters and the sport. Sometimes he says some stupid **** from time to time, but who doesn't. Atlas is the man and ESPN has always been biased/corrupt/stupid.

Comment

Who IS the promoter in question?

Comment

Teddy Atlas is one of the worst sports commentators of all time. I've been hoping for years they would replace him.

Someone like John Scully, who posts here from time to time would be MUCH better. Or someone like Roy Jones, who has a great TV personality, would make the fights more fun to watch. Or Joe Mesi, who's commentary would be more intelligent and less repetitive.

Atlas is dull, biased, negative, phony, repetitive and boring. If he leaves the show, it would be the best thing that could ever happen to ESPN.

Comment

haha i usually agree with a lot of the things you say but not this i like teddy atlas

Comment

Working...
                    X