Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any tips to read your opponents punches?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thailegacy View Post
    hahahahahaha yes man looking at the chest seems legit... been working on were to look for more awareness, actually lookiing at the feet works better then the eyes for me... but im not comfy with looking at the feet, i have seen anderson silva look straight down and still land his shots, by reading the feet... but thats him and his amazing, still cool to know what guys give away without taking advantage of...
    why would you focus on the guys feet? I mean seeing his feet is important but that takes your eyes from your opponents fists. Look him square in the chest and in your vision you will see everything, his fists, feet, hips, shoulders, elbows and you know that the guys head is right in the middle of his shoulders. But you can see his head aswell when looking square in the chest. Look him in the chest and you will see everything that you need to see. Silva throws punches for ****, don't gauge anything that he does with his fists as a profressional striker, 90% of the mma guys punches are absolute garbage.......Rockin'

Comment

Rockin chill out you cant be giving away all the secrets man this is sacred knowledge that can only be passed down word of mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        why would you focus on the guys feet? I mean seeing his feet is important but that takes your eyes from your opponents fists. Look him square in the chest and in your vision you will see everything, his fists, feet, hips, shoulders, elbows and you know that the guys head is right in the middle of his shoulders. But you can see his head aswell when looking square in the chest. Look him in the chest and you will see everything that you need to see. Silva throws punches for ****, don't gauge anything that he does with his fists as a profressional striker, 90% of the mma guys punches are absolute garbage.......Rockin'
        i just tried it out ... but he can do whatever he wants in the octagon and still win.. but yes i focus on the chest... but it would be cool in a fight to look straight down and still drop your opponent haha

Comment

When you practice, invest time allowing your instructor integrate some shifts and injections while you do mittwork. The WORST factor you can do when a impact is arriving your way is to think twice.
          Last edited by Roderick222; 11-10-2012, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X