Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best bank to open an account with?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol i will keep that in mind. thanks

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
    I am not one for giving financial advice as I probably spend twice as much on my fun as the average poster.

If you can, if you can help it, pay a big check and nothing else. Wait to pay the smaller *****, wait for one to clear.

My bank I don't get fees. $9 overdraft but I haven't had to use it yet.

When I get really decadent, I am sure it will come in handy.

NOTE TO SELF: DON'T BUY WOMEN OUT OF STRIP CLUBS ON BLACK CARD.

lol.

Comment

I have a friend that works in chase he did not tell me anything about getting 125 if I open an account. It might be different in your state.

Originally posted by Hous View Post
      Chase Bank, they will give you $125 if you open an account and do direct deposit of $500 or more every two weeks, or use your debit card 3 times a statement (no debit card fees).

Let me know you decide to go with Chase, I might be able to get a referral benefit also.

Comment

Call and ask. Banks want to hold your money, they will offer incentives.

Comment

Doesn't chase charge fees if you use someone else's atm?

And I think their overdraft is really high.

Comment

Yes good idea, I won't trust my friend on this. I think he is just a teller, but he should know. Maybe he skipped on his training.

Comment

Originally posted by AL YANKAB*TCH View Post
              exactly.. besides all the banks are starting to charge people fees for checking, using a debit card, etc..
              Local bank or credit union. Use one of the major banks at your peril. I will be moving my own finances from wells fargo to a credit union after this round of monthly bills has concluded.

Comment

What was it that made you want the change from wells fargo? I was thinking about opening an account with them, but I assume you would not recommend that.

Originally posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
                Local bank or credit union. Use one of the major banks at your peril. I will be moving my own finances from wells fargo to a credit union after this round of monthly bills has concluded.

Comment

I'm with Chase Bank. I have a college student checking account. I have something like "No Monthly Service Fee" until 2017, as long as I do a monthly direct deposit which I do it weekly. Chase college checking also has all the benefits of Chase Total Checking, which are:

Copied and pasted from Chase..com:

FREE Chase Debit Card
                  FREE Online Banking and Bill Pay
                  FREE Chase MobileSM banking1
                  FREE Account Alerts1
                  FREE Access to more than Chase ATMs and 5,300 branches nationwide

Minimum Deposit to Open: $25

No Monthly Service Fee If enrolled in college for up to five years; OR, with monthly direct deposit.

Otherwise a $6 monthly Service Fee.

Comment

western union they dont try jacking you with fees like wells fargo, chase and bank of america

Comment

Working...
                    X