Remember this?

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post

Remember this?

man ive been looking everywhere for that

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          Last night they were free to just play ball, instead of having to think about that stupid offense.

How you gonna micro manage guys like Kobe and Nash?!

Its just dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            Last night they were free to just play ball, instead of having to think about that stupid offense.

How you gonna micro manage guys like Kobe and Nash?!

Its just dumb.

Comment

No, he was still there last night.

D'Antoni would be a disaster. They'd score 135 points a game but they'd allow 140. Plus, once the playoffs start, when the tempo slows down, they'd get ****ed.
              tbh, I don't think their defense would be that bad with D'Antoni.

I know he's known to be one of the worst defensive coaches, but in Phoenix right before the Shaq trade, their defense wasn't that bad. The only reason the score use to be so high is cuz of how many shots both teams would be taking. Their FG% allowed was always around 10 in the league. And thats considering the small lineups that they had out there and guys like Stoudemire who played zero defense.

D'Antoni has never had great defensive players like Howard or Artest. It would be interesting to see how that would turn out.

And the triangle offense isn't that much different from the princeton. I don't think that offense would improve the team that much. Maybe save them some energy for defense cuz there isn't as much movement.(still a lot of movement though).

I still think the biggest problem with the lakers was on defense this year. Probably why they got rid of Brown and not Jordan cuz Brown is known to be a defensive coach.
              Last edited by -Swizzy-; 11-10-2012, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
                tbh, I don't think their defense would be that bad with D'Antoni.

I know he's known to be one of the worst defensive coaches, but in Phoenix right before the Shaq trade, their defense wasn't that bad. The only reason the score use to be so high is cuz of how many shots both teams would be taking. Their FG% allowed was always around 10 in the league. And thats considering the small lineups that they had out there and guys like Stoudemire who played zero defense.

D'Antoni has never had great defensive players like Howard or Artest. It would be interesting to see how that would turn out.

And the triangle offense isn't that much different from the princeton
                . I don't think that offense would improve the team that much. Maybe save them some energy for defense cuz there isn't as much movement.(still a lot of movement though).

I still think the biggest problem with the lakers was on defense this year. Probably why they got rid of Brown and not Jordan cuz Brown is known to be a defensive coach.
                Brown was fired over the offense. And the princeton offense is run by unathletic , untalented teams for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burner View Post
                  Brown was fired over the offense. And the princeton offense is run by unathletic , untalented teams for a reason.
                  I agree its meant for lesser talented teams, but the offense wasn't as big a problem as defense IMO.

The only connection I might see from that is maybe Lakers just didn't have the energy to play as well defensivley after running around in the princeton.

Comment

I think the difference between Phil and any other candidate is the intangibles he brings.

He's a master motivator and his credentials speak for themselves.

From what I've learned from this whole debacle is that trust in your coach goes a long way.

Comment

I think the difference between Phil and any other candidate is the intangibles he brings.

He's a master motivator and his credentials speak for themselves.

From what I've learned from this whole debacle is that trust in your coach goes a long way.
                      yeah Phil is probably the best coach they could hire right now for that reason. Every player will give their 100% for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X