Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better career as of now? Ward or Calzaghe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better career as of now? Ward or Calzaghe?

Calzaghe finished his career undefeated but with very few good wins to mention. He completely dominated Lacy when he was undefeated, which was a solid win, though Lacy pretty much never won another fight after that. He also outclassed Kessler and barely edged Hopkins.

Ward completely dominated Kessler and nearly KO'd him. He beat him much easier than Calzaghe did. Next he shut out Arthur Abraham, who was considered the best or 2nd best fighter at 160 before making the jump up to 168. He also completely dominated Froch last night, who Calzaghe did not want to fight. Ward easily won a tournament Calzaghe would have never thrown his name, losing no more than 3-4 rounds the entire tournament.

If you had to judge today, who has been more impressive with their career in terms of who they have beaten and how convincingly they did it?
    Joe Calzaghe
    44.33%
    Andre Ward
    49.48%
    Pretty much even
    6.19%

Ward is a better fighter IMO. But JC did beat who he needed to. 168 in JC's day was not what it is today. However if JC was fighting right now, he'd have an L or 2 for sure.

Comment

Calzaghe's win over Hopkins gives him the better career.

But Ward has the better resume at 168, already.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Calzaghe's win over Hopkins gives him the better career.

But Ward has the better resume at 168, already.
        I agree with this.

Ward has still got plenty of time left also to keep adding to his already very good resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Ward is a better fighter IMO. But JC did beat who he needed to. 168 in JC's day was not what it is today. However if JC was fighting right now, he'd have an L or 2 for sure.
          None of this guys beats a prime Calzaghe at 168, none!! Not even Ward. Calzaghe was a great fighter, and he always found a way to victory.

Calzghe is better and at What Ward is best at, inside fighting. He would pound Froch(slap, lmao) to death and he beat a prime Kessler.

Comment

Also JC had 20 defenses won every title in the division!!

Comment

I'm pretty sure Calzaghe would have beaten everybody in the "Super Six", so......

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                None of this guys beats a prime Calzaghe at 168, none!! Not even Ward. Calzaghe was a great fighter, and he always found a way to victory.

Calzghe is better and at What Ward is best at, inside fighting. He would pound Froch(slap, lmao) to death and he beat a prime Kessler.
                Jc is a slapping shoe shiner, Ward has beaten better fighter than JC has already. Ward can fight on the inside, outside, dirty or clean. JC barely beat B-Hop, Ward has dominated everyone he's faced on an elite level. I pick Ward, you say JC, too bad we'll never know who wins this fantasy fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  I'm pretty sure Calzaghe would have beaten everybody in the "Super Six", so......
                  Would he done it as easy as Ward did though? I have doubts that Calzaghe would of beat Froch 10 rounds to 2.

Comment

Calzaghe, to me, is a much much lesser version of Roy in that he stepped up and won a big fight when he needed to, but the rest of the time he just strolled along and was content to beat nobodies. Calzaghe should have fought one of at least Roy, Hopkins and Toney between 2002-2005 and he didn't. He wouldn't even fight Glen Johnson! EVERYBODY beats Glen Johnson.

Calzaghe, very talented for sure, but the resume is weak sauce. The close win over Hopkins is probably better than his convincing win over Kessler. Beyond that, what did he do with his career?

Comment

Working...
                    X