Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone old enough to have watched tyson vs mcneeley? do you remember this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

36-1 with 30 ko's

Comment

Bruce Seldon fought Joe Hipp on the under card, one of the worse beatings I've ever aeen

Comment

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
        I remember McNeely jumping up and down smiling as Tyson looked deep into his soul.

If my memory serves me correct McNeely was like 45-0ish with almost as many knockouts including the fastest heavy knock out record.

Promoters probably figured it would be fireworks for some rounds considering it was Tysons come back fight. But boy were they wrong
        He was 36-1 and only 4 of those 37 fighters had a winning record

Everybody and their mother knew he was a complete andutter bum, yet it was one of the highest selling PPVs in history

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          He was 36-1 and only 4 of those 37 fighters had a winning record

Everybody and their mother knew he was a complete andutter bum, yet it was one of the highest selling PPVs in history
          There were more fights. Apparently he wasn't the main event.

http://boxrec.com/show_display.php?show_id=6643

Comment

Originally posted by EdMon917 View Post
            Found the entire PPV on Youtube LOL!

Mcneely had a real go there, much, much better than i remembered, he got stuck in!

I miss mills lane too

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post
              Mcneely had a real go there, much, much better than i remembered, he got stuck in!

I miss mills lane too
              What's crazy is he got stopped by Louis Monaco the next year who was 3-3-2 going into the fight. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by EdMon917 View Post
                There were more fights. Apparently he wasn't the main event.

http://boxrec.com/show_display.php?show_id=6643
                FOUR world title fights and Tyson on the undercard????

Comment

Gotta give the guy credit, he had a real go at Mike, there were more skilled fighters (Bruce Seldon) who fought Mike, but were scared to death and threw the fight.

Comment

I remember him smiling while staring at Mike.

Pretty clear he was there to be kayoed.

Comment

Damn, i dont remember mcnel going that hard at tyson, i was just a kid when i watched and guess i knew nothing about the craft at that point of time, what a spirited effort regardless of the outcome which was inevitable to begin with, that was the only fight plan he could have came with to give himself a microscopic chance of a W. Make it a street fight, hope to catch Tyson early/cold, and his corner jumped the gun, which is hard for me to say because the man's health was at risk, but whose isn't againt Tyson, and anybody for that matter. Boxing is a dangerous sport, and those who participate know the dangers before hand and agree to them. Great blast from the past, good thread lol brings back memories of my fathers drunk ass friends screaming at the TV and then going to play dominoes afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                      X