Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: If Mike Tyson was 6'4+ will he be better or worse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: If Mike Tyson was 6'4+ will he be better or worse?

Curious as to what people think on this.

Will Iron Mike at 6'4 and 240 pounds of muscles be so unstoppable he can literally KO a god damn gorilla

OR is the reason mike was so good is because he's 5'11 and uses the bob and weave
    Better
    33.33%
    Worse
    66.67%

Tyson until the Spinks fight was unbeatable at 5' 11", he used his size disadvantage into an advantage, he threw short, hard shots and combo's, I think he would have been slower and really just a completely different fighter than the one who was just a killing machine. He didn't do as well against some of the taller fighters, but I think if he had Rooney in his corner, he doesn't lose to Douglas, Holyfield or Lewis. He would have been a bigger target to hit also. He would have been worse, the Peek-a-boo style wouldn't have been able to work.

Comment

Won't a 6'4 Tyson just be a coked up version of the Lennox Lewis that destroyed Golota and Grant? though.

I always thought that if Lennox fought like he did against Grant for every fight of his, I don't think he would have lost to McCall or Rahman. Sheer Ferocity can sometimes make up for a lack of preparation and training against lesser fighters.

Comment

Tysons power, movement, ability and speed was mainly due to his frame and size which allowed him to be a little moving tank. The taller you are the more robotic and less mobile. You'd be changing his whole identity changing his complexity.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
          Tysons power, movement, ability and speed was mainly due to his frame and size which allowed him to be a little moving tank. The taller you are the more robotic and less mobile. You'd be changing his whole identity changing his complexity.

So what you are saying is if Wladimir and Vitali are 6 feet tall, they will be journeymen?

Comment

Originally posted by polarcub View Post
            So what you are saying is if Wladimir and Vitali are 6 feet tall, they will be journeymen?
            I never said that, a jedi never deals in absolutes.. Even though I did with the tall stereotype but then again i'd consider myself a Sith not jedi. or something in between.

But in this case though I do believe the Klitschkos are just product of a dead division and abuse their genetics to their advantage. If the Klitschkos were 5'6-7 they would have gotten pummeled and exposed already. Shrink Vitali that night and Chisora would have eaten him alive.

Comment

Exactly this.

The Klitlickers bleat on about the sheer size and power of the Klits. It is only that advantage that has got them where they are today and even then, they don't use those attributes to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by polarcub View Post
                Curious as to what people think on this.

Will Iron Mike at 6'4 and 240 pounds of muscles be so unstoppable he can literally KO a god damn gorilla

OR is the reason mike was so good is because he's 5'11 and uses the bob and weave
                Would the extra 5" be added to his forehead, legs, uper body, or would it be proportinate?

Comment

I never said that, a jedi never deals in absolutes.. Even though I did with the tall stereotype but then again i'd consider myself a Sith not jedi. or something in between.

But in this case though I do believe the Klitschkos are just product of a dead division and abuse their genetics to their advantage. If the Klitschkos were 5'6-7 they would have gotten pummeled and exposed already. Shrink Vitali that night and Chisora would have eaten him alive.
                  If the Klitschkos were five feet six or seven they'd be pretty dumb to have ever fought in the heavyweight division.

Comment

Don't know the purpose of this thread but.

Fighters used to say it was hard to hit Tyson in his prime. He used his size to his advantage. For the big guys it is often hard to hit the guys that are low to the ground and the constant arguments that some fighters are too big from him are more than likely from fans that weren't around during the Tyson era. Prime Tyson was very good at catching taller guys reaching in.

Later in his career, perhaps post Rooney, Tyson spent more time standing straight up. But in his best days his lack of height was definitely more of an advantage than it ever was a disadvantage.

Comment

Working...
                    X