Chavez size is his only advantage vs Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
    Sergio and skill in the same sentence, lol

the Only thing Turdgio has is the athleticism of a bailarina, and that will be gone once he gets hit by El Dinero Vaca. You can count on that.

Size?, it's part of the game, if you don't like it , don't sign up, it's that simple.
    They don't realize that Turdgio Turdtinez' hardest feat was competing on Dancing With the Stars Argentina. I believe he even lost that too. El Dinero de vaca will rightfully put Turdgio in his place, in the hospital.

Comment

Sergios only advantage is that refs usually stop fights before a fighter gets killed.

Comment

Julio's advantages: he's bigger, stronger, a better in-fighter, he's faster than Margarito, he's good at punching through his opponent's defense, plus a better chin.
        Sergio's advantages: he can work the ring good... But he can only run for so long until he gets trapped against the ropes and KO'd.
        This fight will play out like Martinez-Margarito if Martinez doesn't keep his hands up and box. If he gets sucked into a brawl; he's finished. Retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Dickie Smalls View Post
          Julio's advantages: he's bigger, stronger, a better in-fighter, he's faster than Margarito, he's good at punching through his opponent's defense, plus a better chin.
          Sergio's advantages: he can work the ring good... But he can only run for so long until he gets trapped against the ropes and KO'd.
          This fight will play out like Martinez-Margarito if Martinez doesn't keep his hands up and box. If he gets sucked into a brawl; he's finished. Retire.
          Have you even seen Martinez-Margarito? Obviously not.

Comment

If Martinez can't hurt Chavez AND gets drawn into a slugfest, it's over.

Martinez is a good boxer but he is no Floyd Mayweather. Eventually he'll be forced to exchange. If Chavez begins to punish to the body then Sergio will slow down and have to trade shots.

If Sergio can't establish his power by this point then his goose is cooked.

Comment

Size & age.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

size, durability, stamina, chin

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  I can't see Chavez Jr. eating all of Martinez's overhand lefts and right hooks all night. I could be wrong and if I am, Martinez is gonna have a rough night in the ring.
                  Dont be so sure, martinez can throw punches at extremely odd angles. Macklin has a similar style to chavez and martinez eventually got him. I think chavez could hurt sergio to the body but chavez has never fought a boxer as complete as sergio. i got for late ko for sergio.

Comment

Size and two weight classes bigger will be his advantages.

Comment

Working...
                    X