Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who in your opinion was the best volume puncher of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who in your opinion was the best volume puncher of all time?

Not necessarily a fighter with big one punch power,but a guy who was great at breaking down even the toughest fighters with his relentless attack

I'm basing this on stories and not film so I'm not sure how he compares to more modern fighters but Harry Greb has to be a strong candidate.

Comment

Henry Armstrong. End of thread!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
        Henry Armstrong. End of thread!!!!!!!!!
        thats a good pick
        not end of thread though,thats one opinion

Comment

Ok, just for you, I'll add Julio Cesar Chavez too.............

Comment

Ok, just for you, I'll add Julio Cesar Chavez too.............
            Just for me?
            strange,but ok

Comment

Armstrong, Greb an JCC are all great picks. I'd add Pryor, Frazier and Dempsey to that list too.

Comment

Ha ha, dont worry British fan! No special favours.

A good modern example of a human windmill was Steve Collins when he faced Chris Eubank the second time. No defense or finesse, just sheer pressure and punch output. I felt that this version of Collins circa 1995 would have given peak Roy Jones the toughest fight of his career. I'd still bet on Roy but hell it would be a good fight.

Comment

Ha ha, dont worry British fan! No special favours.

A good modern example of a human windmill was Steve Collins when he faced Chris Eubank the second time. No defense or finesse, just sheer pressure and punch output. I felt that this version of Collins circa 1995 would have given peak Roy Jones the toughest fight of his career. I'd still bet on Roy but hell it would be a good fight.
                  i should hope not to! lol

i agree with you about collins and a potential fight with jones
                  i also think RJJ would have taken it but it would have been the toughest fight of his career imo

Comment

Yes it would be a tough fight for Jones, Roy would have no problems hitting Collins but i'd fancy that he'd spend a fair amount of time being bulled to the ropes to withstand barages of high volume punching, not devestating punches but point scorers. I just cant see Roy knocking him out, Collin's chin was something else. Roy would have to cut him to force anything like a stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                    X