Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sr. Eyes Defense: Floyd Getting Hit Too Much

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sr. Eyes Defense: Floyd Getting Hit Too Much

Trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr. wants his son, WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26KOs), to focus more on defense. The father-son team are training for the May 4th mandatory fight with Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero (31-1-1, 18KOs) on May 4th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. In his recent fights, Mayweather Sr. felt his son was getting hit too much. He wants Floyd to go back to basics - to hit and not get hit.

[Click Here To Read More]

As if Floyd isn't boring, I mean defensive enough.

Comment

Yep. That's Sr's philosophy, defense, defense, defense.

Not a bad emphasis for fighting a guy like RG with a high workrate.

Comment

Father Time is catching up with him...nothing to do with training.

Comment

I'm sure age and them legs slowing down have something to do with it...

He got hit by Cotto but like Floyd said he was buzzed by Shane, after that it was a wipeout...

Comment

Not gonna be surprised if it's an 10-2 UD for Floyd regardless of how he trains.

Comment

"Floyd Getting Hit Too Much"

Really?

I thought it was because he had the sniffles? Team Floyd = "talk is cheap!"

Comment

He's 36 not 26 like you said on the all access. Not much you can do IMO. He's just gotten older, that's all.

Comment

translation = floyd is going to run all effing knight and make this fight a stinker like rigo did a few weeks ago ! the fans paid there good money to see excitment not cowardice !!

Comment

So people are already not that into this fight but now Sr is pretty much telling us that he wants to see the Floyd that fought Baldomir ..... I can already hear the boos.

Comment

Working...
                    X