No announcement yet.

David Haye vs. Jovo Pudar in the works?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techliam View Post
    Not bothered about age, or if they are undefeated.
    If Wladimir was fighting an age 41 journeyman who lost to every decent fighter he ever faced like Pudar, I bet you'd be "BOTHERED" about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      If Wladimir was fighting an age 41 journeyman who lost to every decent fighter he ever faced like Pudar, I bet you'd be "BOTHERED" about it.
      Yes, i'm bothered if Haye fights him too. But it works the other way... just because you're young and undefeated, doesn't mean you should get a shot at the HW Championship of the world.

So where's this rumour you posted about? Where'd you hear it

Comment

Yes, i'm bothered if Haye fights him too. But it works the other way... just because you're young and undefeated, doesn't mean you should get a shot at the HW Championship of the world.

So where's this rumour you posted about? Where'd you hear it
        According to several British posters on a rival East Side website (that I can't link to) also in the BoxRec "British & Irish" section here: http://boxrec.com/forum/index.php.

Comment

Extremely poor fight, can't believe he's considering taking this garbage.

Comment

I see nothing on Boxrec about this

As for ESB, the only posts i've seen give no source whatsoever. This post seemed to clear it up:

There no source for Pudar, it was just started by some nob on this site and people ran with it.
            Surely you aren't that biased to accept a rumour just because it's there?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              David Haye will make an announcement on Thursday about his return.

There are rumors that Haye will be back in June, and that age 41 journeyman Jovo Pudar, who lost to Sam Peter about ten years ago, will be Haye's opponent.

Pudar is inexplicably ranked by the WBA at #6, but isn't really a top 50 heavyweight. The IBO's computer ranks him at #68, which is about right.

http://www.iboboxing.com/rankings/heavy.html
              The vast majority of sanctioning body rankings are inexplicable.

Using them as a sufficient or legitimate source for a ranking is pretty backwards in general.

Comment

I see nothing on Boxrec about this

As for ESB, the only posts i've seen give no source whatsoever. This post seemed to clear it up. Surely you aren't that biased to accept a rumour just because it's there?
                Well, it wouldn't surprise me. Haye has always had a preference for fighting OLDER men (like John Ruiz, Monte Barrett, Audley Harrison, Carl Thompson, etc).

Comment

If this fight is to be made, Haye should stay retired.

I bet my house on Harisson would beat old Purdar.

Comment

I doubt Haye takes this fight.

But I wouldn't be at all surprised if his next fight is a joke of a fight against someone 40 years old or older.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                      But if you look carefully, you'll see the WBA's are actually even worse overall than the others.

Of course.

But Haye claimed to have beated a "top ten heavyweight" after he fought Barrett because Monte was ranked in the top 10 by the WBO at the time.

And Haye will say he's beaten a "top ten heavyweight" after he defeats Pudar because he's inexplicably ranked at #6 by the WBA.

The IBO isn't perfect, but take a careful look: like BoxRec, their rankings are computer-generated and actually MUCH more objective and sensible than the WBA. It makes perfect sense to rank Pudar at #68.
                      I don't dispute anything you're saying but I've seen you use the sanctioning bodies rankings before.

Comment

Working...
                      X