No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Expects To Stay at 154 For a "Very Long Time"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Expects To Stay at 154 For a "Very Long Time"

Tucked away in the small streets of Santa Monica, CA, Saul “Canelo” Alvarez trains for his upcoming fight with Josesito Lopez in a very private setting. Much like other big name fighters, finding a private location is important as it minimizes distractions and interference from the public. Their fight takes place on September 15th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good he will be available to fight Golovkin soon I hope! Time for this guy to step up and fight a dangerous opponent.

Comment

Yeah I guess there are plenty of guys at the lower weights he can bring up to defend his title for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        Yeah I guess there are plenty of guys at the lower weights he can bring up to defend his title for awhile.
        hah yeah i heard he's gonna rematch archie solis after this one.

Comment

Yeah, he's gunning for the best welterweight & jr welterweight resume.............................while campaigning at 154.

Comment

I expect Saul to remain as a high paid, protected prospect for a very long time.

Julio Jr. steps up to the highest of plains in a matter of days.

But Alvarez will be fighting the least formidable 154 pounders until Oscar is comfortable with the PPV 160 Lb opponents he can possibly beat.

Comment

I guess people already forgot that he tried to fight Williams and Kirkland...

Comment

i dont see him being able to stay at 54, hes a young kid and already looks like he has trouble keeping the weight down. he needs to be on a very strict diet if hes gonna try and stay low. his frame is muscular, and id be surprised if he pulls it off. than again he needs to stay low because his height is not suited to the heavier weights.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Yeah, he's gunning for the best welterweight & jr welterweight resume.............................while campaigning at 154.
                  Originally posted by StrangerInTown View Post
                  I expect Saul to remain as a high paid, protected prospect for a very long time.

Julio Jr. steps up to the highest of plains in a matter of days.

But Alvarez will be fighting the least formidable 154 pounders until Oscar is comfortable with the PPV 160 Lb opponents he can possibly beat.
                  As long as Cotto sticks around, it shouldn't be too long before they meet. Besides, the guy's only 23 - no need to rush things too much.

Comment

Originally posted by MELLY-MEL... View Post
                    i dont see him being able to stay at 54, hes a young kid and already looks like he has trouble keeping the weight down. he needs to be on a very strict diet if hes gonna try and stay low. his frame is muscular, and id be surprised if he pulls it off. than again he needs to stay low because his height is not suited to the heavier weights.
                    Was weight ever an issue? Where has that been said? At 5'9", he shouldn't have too much trouble staying at 154 for a few more years. What's your problem?

Comment

Working...
                    X