Floyd is NOT fighting Guerrero!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd is NOT fighting Guerrero!!!!

Richard Scahefer recently said this in reference to Floyd's next fight:

"I have absolutely no awareness of any negotiations taking place with a fighter who is under a promotional contact with us. And Al Haymon, who is the advisor for Devon Alexander and Floyd Mayweather as well, has not confided to me either that there would be any negotiations going on unbeknownst to me."

Isn't Guerrero with Golden Boy? If Schaefer is telling the truth and there isn't any shady stuff going on behind his back, sounds to me like The Ghost WILL NOT be fighting Floyd on May 4. So who the heck could it be then?

Ummmm.....isn't he talking about Devon???

Comment

In PR speak, 'I am not aware that this is happening' is very different to 'This is not happening'.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
        Ummmm.....isn't he talking about Devon???

He's talking about BOTH Floyd AND Devon.

Comment

He was addressing the Devon rumor specifically. I doubt they haven't had talks about Ghost.

Comment

Originally posted by IKnowBoxing View Post
            He's talking about BOTH Floyd AND Devon.
            Yeah. As in, Floyd's not fighting Devon??? The quote is vague as hell.

Comment

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurp

Comment

He is talking about Alexander only and you misunderstood him. He knows who Floyd's opponent will probably be and he stated quite clearly that Alexander is fighting Brook. He wants Floyd to announce the fight when he is ready and the contracts are signed. I think it will be Guerrero.

Comment

With Alexander eliminated there are really no other options from 140-147 for him to fight right now.

Comment

Originally posted by IKnowBoxing View Post
                    Richard Scahefer recently said this in reference to Floyd's next fight:

"I have absolutely no awareness of any negotiations taking place with a fighter who is under a promotional contact with us. And Al Haymon, who is the advisor for Devon Alexander and Floyd Mayweather as well, has not confided to me either that there would be any negotiations going on unbeknownst to me."

Isn't Guerrero with Golden Boy? If Schaefer is telling the truth and there isn't any shady stuff going on behind his back, sounds to me like The Ghost WILL NOT be fighting Floyd on May 4. So who the heck could it be then?
                    Quick of you to spot it. But Schaeffer habitually over-reaches himself in his tirades against Top Rank. Common-sense seems to suddenly make itself "aint". It's as if he just now came to boxing and shallowly believed that all there was to it was to make outrageous and dubious statements.

Comment

Working...
                    X