No announcement yet.

Lol @ Gamboa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
    Apparently he thought better of it. I'm not saying the people were demanding it but I was surprised to see the amount of interest in it when the fight was scheduled and the disappointment in Gamboa when the fight didn't take place, when it was obviously a size mismatch if not exactly a skill mismatch (which may have still made it an interesting fight).

I just do not care to see larger fighters starving themselves in order to pick on smaller opponents, and still barely win (or win by gift decisions) because they're too drained to fight competently.
    I was personally excited because I thought Gamboa would not only win, but win impressively. I thought very highly of Gamboa, and was excited to see him take such a chance. Between Gamboa's skill, and Rios's trouble making weight, the chance to be a star was there to be had. I think that's how most of us that were excited about the fight felt.

Comment

Abril won with his size and reach.

Gamboa is half the size of abril, it's an entirely different fight.

To say Gamboa would beat Rios just because Abril did is utterly idiotic.

Comment

I'm considerably less excited about Gamboa because I have a feeling that his punch resistance and punching power would fail him if he were to move up in weight.

That is not to say that he can't punch, it's more so that he relies on being able to discourage his opponents from coming in. If he could not discourage his opponents from closing in, he is left with a leaky defense and shaky durability.

Comment

Gamboa doesn't want to be part of Top Rank anymore, can you blame him? Bob Arum would only go through with the Rios-Gamboa fight with a long term contract. He didn't want that. Oh well, it didn't happen. I would have loved to see Gamboa beat the **** of Rios but the man wanted out of Top Rank.

Comment

Styles make fights. Triangle theories are for message boards.

Just because Abril beat Rios doesn't mean Rios loses to everyone who is better than Abril.

See: David Diaz had a unanimous win over Erik Morales. Does that mean David Diaz would beat Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
              Abril won with his size and reach.

Gamboa is half the size of abril, it's an entirely different fight.

To say Gamboa would beat Rios just because Abril did is utterly idiotic.
              Its based on Rios' condition from trying to make weight. There is no way Rios would have been able to handle Gamboa's speed and power after draining his body like that.

Comment

Working...
              X