No announcement yet.

Father Hires Virtual Assassins to Kick Son's Gaming Habit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father Hires Virtual Assassins to Kick Son's Gaming Habit

Chinese father pushes son to kick gaming addiction by hiring virtual assassins to kill his MMO character

It’s practically a cliché at this point: An angry father gets fed up with his lay about son playing video games all day instead of looking for a job. But Kotaku reports that one father in China went outside the box when thinking of ways to get his son off the computer: He hired a team of virtual assassins to repeatedly kill his son’s favorite character in a popular online role-playing game.

According to Kotaku, 23-year-old Xiao Feng had been in and out of jobs for years while pointedly telling his father that he didn’t want to work for a living. Even after his father ruined his online gaming experience by having his character die numerous times, the defiant Feng told his father that he was still “not looking for any job” and that he wanted “to take some time to find one that suits me.”

So let this be a lesson to all you crafty entrepreneurs out there thinking you can make a fortune by creating a virtual Dark Brotherhood to take out game addicts’ MMO characters: This sort of intervention apparently isn’t all that effective.

no but kicking there lazy azzez out of the house is. Especially in winter

Comment

Me: "Son, you gotta find a job, you've had your fun for quite sometime and even though I don't mind you playing, I still want you to earn money while you live in my house at least."

Son: "I don't want to work for a living and I'm not looking for any job right now, I'll find one that suits me when I see fit."

Me: "Here's the scenario son:

1) You find a job starting tomorrow and pay me rent.

2) You find a job starting tomorrow and move out.

3) I destroy your computer to pieces and kick you out.

You got a month son

Comment

"but dad, i'm just finishing the 999th level on world of warcraft!! You can't kill my character now???"

Comment

Working...
        X