Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Andre Dirrell Spars Hard For Possible UK Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Andre Dirrell Spars Hard For Possible UK Return

On Monday afternoon, super middleweight prospect Andre Dirrell (20-1, 14 KO’s) could be found inside of Johnny Tocco’s Boxing Gym in Las Vegas, putting in some work with a pair of ambitious prospects.

Dirrell sparred two rounds with super middleweight prospect Lanell Bellows (2-0, 2 KO’s) and four with Apopka, Florida’s Craig Duncan, a talented amateur who recently moved to the city with hopes of soon turning professional.

Trainer Rodney Crisler brought both men over from Floyd Mayweather’s personal gym, their usual stomping grounds, after hearing that Dirrell was in search of some sparring. [Click Here To Read More]

I don't agree with sparring prospects unless they are bigger or faster than you. What do you gain from sparring prospects if you're faster/bigger and obviously got more experience than them?

Comment

A DeGale or Groves fight could be a good route to a Froch rematch for Dirrell.

I'll say one thing for Dirrell, I like his willingness to fight overseas if need be.

Comment

My dude Chris Robinson with the photos keeping it whootie.

Comment

I don't think Dirrell will ever be the same after the Abraham fight. I see him getting ko'd a lot easier now.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            I don't agree with sparring prospects unless they are bigger or faster than you. What do you gain from sparring prospects if you're faster/bigger and obviously got more experience than them?
            Do you think he doesn't sharpen himself? Do you think it is much better to work the heavy bag instead? Would you say a small swimming pool is worse than no swimming pool for a pro swimmer? As long as he handles it correctly, it is a plus, small as it may be...

Comment

Dirrell vs. Groves is interesting to me.

Comment

I'd like to see dirrell vs groves, it'd be the first opponent for dirrell that actually had movement and speed, dirrell would be forced to fight.

I'd take dirrell to win though

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalBeast View Post
                  Do you think he doesn't sharpen himself? Do you think it is much better to work the heavy bag instead? Would you say a small swimming pool is worse than no swimming pool for a pro swimmer? As long as he handles it correctly, it is a plus, small as it may be...
                  I guess you have a point considering his layoff but I stand by my point.

Comment

If Dirrell is the same fighter, he beats Groves or DeGale with complete ease.

Comment

Working...
                    X