No announcement yet.

Could anyone knock out Vitali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
    I don't believe that any fighter within memory could KO Klitschko with one punch. But a long, rapid succession of lethal punches, delivered by, say, a Mike Tyson, could do it. Foreman couldn't because he was to slow and hiis combination punching was poor. Lewis couldn't do it, nor Sanders, nor Ibeabuchi, nor Tua, nor.......
    anyone can get ktfo if they're hit with the right punch at the right moment period

Comment

tyson/shavers could both ko him with a single shot. i could see foreman punishing him against the ropes and in shape lewis making the ref stop after lewis drops him multiple times.

Comment

Shot Lennox Lewis

&

Chris Byrd

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
          Past-prime Corrie Sanders hurt him pretty bad.

So did past-prime Lennox. In fact if that fight hadn't been stopped, I think that's how it would've ended up.

So yes. I believe it is fully possible he could be knocked out. Along with any other man ever to have put on the gloves (or fought bare-fisted)

Robinson was going to do it to LaMotta before the ref stopped it.

Frazier and Foreman were going to do it to Chuvalo before the ref stopped it.

Mosley straight up smashed Margaritos "invincible" chin.

No chin is unbreakable.
          Margarito fights completely different than Vitali man. Not a good comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            Margarito fights completely different than Vitali man. Not a good comparison.
            Margarito's chin was phenomenal. P4P I think it is definitely better than Vitalis.

And yet with the right strategy, it was cracked in devastating fashion.

Before Mosley, this question could be asked about Margarito instead and people would laugh at it.

No chin is invincible. That was my point.

Comment

Margarito's chin was phenomenal. P4P I think it is definitely better than Vitalis.

And yet with the right strategy, it was cracked in devastating fashion.

Before Mosley, this question could be asked about Margarito instead and people would laugh at it.

No chin is invincible. That was my point.

I know that but Margarito's style is made to take punishment to dish it. Top it off (not making excuses), when Mosley cracked it you could tell his mindset was all jacked up. He was already defeated before he stepped in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                I know that but Margarito's style is made to take punishment to dish it. Top it off (not making excuses), when Mosley cracked it you could tell his mindset was all jacked up. He was already defeated before he stepped in the ring.
                That is true.

Margarito's chin was better but Vitali's chin is not only very good, it's also very difficult to find.

Comment

Vitali's chin is relatively untested

semi conscious, shot Lennox Lewis hurt him and old Corrie Sanders dropped him

Tyson would've made short work of him ... he lasts 5 rounds ... max

Comment

No his defense is to good and he has a solid chin to back that up.

Comment

Past-prime Corrie Sanders hurt him pretty bad.

So did past-prime Lennox. In fact if that fight hadn't been stopped, I think that's how it would've ended up.

So yes. I believe it is fully possible he could be knocked out. Along with any other man ever to have put on the gloves (or fought bare-fisted)

Robinson was going to do it to LaMotta before the ref stopped it.

Frazier and Foreman were going to do it to Chuvalo before the ref stopped it.

Mosley straight up smashed Margaritos "invincible" chin.

No chin is unbreakable.

easiest way is body shots. Foreman got the stoppage over chuvalo by beating him to the ribs while he was curled up in the corner, never was dropped but the body shots did him in.

Mayorga gave trinidad 3 free head shots which is crazy but trinidad finally got the stoppage with a hook to the body.

Those are guys that had no defense and iron chins and took punches to the face all night. Its different though vitali is more skilled than those guys and his opponents cant land at will, in fact he is hard to land clean against in the face and uses his height and reach to stay outside of body punching distance. So it will be pretty hard to knock him out. lennox could land but he didnt go to the body on him

Comment

Working...
                      X