No announcement yet.

Best combination punchers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best combination punchers

Who throws the best (hardest, fastest, most accurate) combinations? I have Ray Robinson, Manny Pacquiao and Meldrick Taylor are the top three for me, although Taylor lacks the power of the other two.

EDIT: Marquez is obviously up here too. He threw a triple left uppercut in the blink of an eye against Diaz, then followed with a 2-1-2, then another uppercut. What the ****.
    Last edited by BigStereotype; 02-02-2011, 03:30 PM.

Joe Louis and Alexis Arguello have some really nice combos!

Comment

It's an obvious choice but Juan Manuel Marquez deserves recognition alongside these greats.

Comment

Ricardo Lopez.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
          It's an obvious choice but Juan Manuel Marquez deserves recognition alongside these greats.
          I am shocked and honestly a little ashamed that I forgot Dinamita. He's a better combination puncher than Meldrick Taylor, if you ask me, just because he's got so much more power and more than makes up for the speed gap with accuracy.

Comment

Jose Napoles, Joe Louis, Alexis Arguello, Evander Holyfield for me were the best at putting combinations together.

Comment

I can't believe no one mentioned Tommy Hearns yet.

At heavyweight Louis was great at letting off combos, ezzard Charles and Tyson deserve mentions too.

At light heavyweight watch Bob Foster for good combinations.
              He had a Right uppercut-Left hook combo that KTFO mike quarry

Comment

Plenty of good choices, but Joe Louis is always the first name that comes to mind. An incredible combination of timing, accuracy, and power.

Comment

For sheer devastation u gotta say Joe Louis and Mike Tyson, those guys were BRUTAL!

Juan Manuel Marquez is outstanding, such a natural combination puncher, his shots just flow so well, i bet this dude was throwing 5 punch combos in his baby cot!

Mosley was a great combination puncher before he started loading up on big singles all the time

Comment

Tyson, Mosley, Marquez, Arguello, Ali, Robinson....

Combo punching is, to me, one of the most important attribute to greatness. That with speed... Pacquiao's combination punching has never been impressive to me. It looks OK when he is fighting bags like Clottey and Marg but in with Marquez he was not an effective combination puncher...

Comment

Working...
                    X