No announcement yet.

Fifth Gear: Mitsubish Evo X vs Ford Focus Rs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fifth Gear: Mitsubish Evo X vs Ford Focus Rs

i'm assuming the Focus is the Euro spec model?

i can't see vids so i'm not sure exactly what you posted. on paper, the evo should comfortably rape the focus, unless the focus has a lot of work done under the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by r ! z View Post
      i'm assuming the Focus is the Euro spec model?

i can't see vids so i'm not sure exactly what you posted. on paper, the evo should comfortably rape the focus, unless the focus has a lot of work done under the hood.
      Yeah it's the 305-hp, intercooled turbo'd 2.5L five-cylinder, 325 lb-ft of torque version.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...#ixzz0uuMGOOYb

Haven's watched the vid yet, but sounds like it'd be competitive with the Evo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
        Yeah it's the 305-hp, intercooled turbo'd 2.5L five-cylinder, 325 lb-ft of torque version.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...#ixzz0uuMGOOYb

Haven's watched the vid yet, but sounds like it'd be competitive with the Evo.
        those are nice stats

it should be competitive, maybe the focus takes it due to a better power/weight ratio? off the hole, the evo should have a good lead due to AWD though.

Comment

thanks for the link, jim

im reading the article now, not sure how i missed it i frequent motortrend and car&driver all the time.

did the focus rs ever go on sale here? i know they sometimes test drive cars that'll never reach our shores but they test them either way

Comment

i read the article

focus RS sounds like a beast

however, i knew it!

"On sale in U.S. : Never "

Comment

Originally posted by r ! z View Post
              i read the article

focus RS sounds like a beast

however, i knew it!

"On sale in U.S. : Never "
              Yeah we're constantly getting screwed on cool cars from Europe, including some wicked turbodiesels, because of our inferior diesel and insanely stringent emissions standards. And because our safety standards are so high because of all the giant SUVs on the road.

I see these cool little chevy pickups across the border in Mexico. Can't bring em over. The gas ones get like 30 mpg and the diesel ones, which they sell in South Africa, over 40.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                Yeah we're constantly getting screwed on cool cars from Europe, including some wicked turbodiesels, because of our inferior diesel and insanely stringent emissions standards. And because our safety standards are so high because of all the giant SUVs on the road.

I see these cool little chevy pickups across the border in Mexico. Can't bring em over. The gas ones get like 30 mpg and the diesel ones, which they sell in South Africa, over 40.

exactly man

europe gets some nice, fuel sipping models while we can just read about them over here

Comment

In my book, the Evo X is an ATG car!!!! trumps the STI anytime of the day

Comment

Yeh the Evo would tax it proper...
                    My boys got the Evo 10 rapid but when i was driving it felt like the fun was gone
                    then the previous evos like the Evo 6..
                    365 bhp standard

Comment

Working...
                    X