No announcement yet.

PS3 Owners get DLC 80% off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 Owners get DLC 80% off

Ok, here is how me and my friends do it.

5 of us made a dummy account. Lets call him PlayerX. Each of the 5 of us have him activated on our PS3's but no one actually plays on this name, its a dummy account. Now we all chip in $4 and one of us buys a $20 PSN card at Gamestop. We put the $20 on PlayerX's account.

DLC such as MW2 Mappack comes out and we decide we are going to all get it. One of us goes on the name and purchases the map-pack or whatever DLC you guys agree on. We then take turns logging onto the name and REDOWNLOADING the map-pack. So a $15 MW2 mappack cost us each 3 dollars.

The great part is that no one has to give anyone else there primary account information.

Anyway hope you guys enjoy. If you plan on using this method throw a little green k my way
    Last edited by Left2body; 03-30-2010, 06:34 PM.

i already had 800 microsoft points on my account so i just had to buy 5 dollar for the pack. so downloaded the map pack this morning on xbox. then i recovered my gamertag on my cousins harddrive and downloaded it onto that one. so when he logs into him account he got the map pack as well. pretty cool thing to do. 15 bucks is pushin it big time

Comment

Originally posted by M Deezy View Post
      i already had 800 microsoft points on my account so i just had to buy 5 dollar for the pack. so downloaded the map pack this morning on xbox. then i recovered my gamertag on my cousins harddrive and downloaded it onto that one. so when he logs into him account he got the map pack as well. pretty cool thing to do. 15 bucks is pushin it big time
      The DRM on Xbox Live will prevent that from working. When your cousin tries to use those maps he'll be prompted to log in with your account ('cause it's your account the maps are registered to) and if you're account is no longer present on his hard drive ('cause you've recovered your tag on your console) he won't be able to use those maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Left2body View Post

5 of us made a dummy account. Lets call him PlayerX. Each of the 5 of us have him activated on our PS3's but no one actually plays on this name, its a dummy account. Now we all chip in $4 and one of us buys a $20 PSN card at Gamestop. We put the $20 on PlayerX's account.

DLC such as MW2 Mappack comes out and we decide we are going to all get it. One of us goes on the name and purchases the map-pack or whatever DLC you guys agree on. We then take turns logging onto the name and REDOWNLOADING the map-pack. So a $15 MW2 mappack cost us each 3 dollars.

The great part is that no one has to give anyone else there primary account information.

Anyway hope you guys enjoy. If you plan on using this method throw a little green k my way
        yeah, me and a close friend just share ****... its at least 50% off that way...

but good lookin out

Comment

Originally posted by The Chosen View Post
          The DRM on Xbox Live will prevent that from working. When your cousin tries to use those maps he'll be prompted to log in with your account ('cause it's your account the maps are registered to) and if you're account is no longer present on his hard drive ('cause you've recovered your tag on your console) he won't be able to use those maps.
          well if thats teh case, hes still able to use it. . I use my own harddrive. the day the dlc came out i downloaded it. recovered my gamertag on his xbox and redownloaded it. i then signed in on his account played a map and it worked. i recovered my gamertag back on MY harddrive and it played. hes been playin the maps on HIS harddrive flawlessly. even played together over live last night

Comment

Originally posted by Left2body View Post

The good thing about doing this, i think i heard sony saying this before that its not illegal

Comment

It will not work on xbox period. Already tested it on world at war map packs (zombie mode kicks ass).

Comment

Working...
              X