No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: At the Mid-Year Mark: BScene Review and Ratings Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: At the Mid-Year Mark: BScene Review and Ratings Update

As the dog days of summer roll on, boxing grinds slowly towards an explosion of fall action certain to make the anticipation worth it. With some of the best matches to be made coming from Heavyweight to Welterweight, boxing fans have a lot to look forward to.

And, already, much to look back on. With the year half over, here are one writer’s quick thoughts on the men who make up the leader board for accomplishment in 2013.

Fighter of the (Half) Year: Guillermo Rigondeuax/Juan Francisco Estrada: This being the half year, there is no need to break the tie emanating from the ballot box of the mind. There have been lots of fighters who received public acclaim this year, and more than a few with high quality victories. None stand out more than these two. Rigondeuax schooled Nonito Donaire to unify titles at 122 lbs. and wrest the lineal crown from the power-punching star. Estrada, on the heels of a career making loss to Roman Gonzalez, outworked and outfoxed streaking Brian Viloria for a pair of Flyweight titles. Donaire and Viloria, fairly, were seen by many as the tops of their talented classes going into those losses. No one else has posted anything better this year. [Click Here To Read More]

This was obviously written before Hank Lundy beat Ajose Olusegun.

I'm assuming that Olusegun now drops from the junior welterweight top 10 but does Lundy jump into it?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      This was obviously written before Hank Lundy beat Ajose Olusegun.

I'm assuming that Olusegun now drops from the junior welterweight top 10 but does Lundy jump into it?
      It was written before and, no, Viktor Postol will go into the top 10. Not Lundy

Comment

Ah, that's right. Forgot about Postol for a second. Can't argue too much with that.

Comment

Rankings look sound but wasn't Broner supposed to relinquish his LW belt? I don't think he'll be fighting there again.

Quillin above Murray is a little grating, a lot of people consider Murray to have beaten Sturm and Martinez in their backyards while Quillin struggles with N'Dam and ducks opponents.
          Last edited by Weebler I; 07-22-2013, 08:34 AM.

Comment

You've still got the J'Leon Love vs Rosado fight down as a SD of the rankings - recent results. It's been officially changed to a NC now.

Comment

There's an argument that Floyd is the lineal 147 champ, though many disagree with it.

But I don't see how on earth Hernandez is a Lineal champ at Cruiser. Please don't follow the travesty known as the RING and argue Huck shouldn't be rated at Cruiser whilst he took one fight out of it. TBRB got it right

The rankings though, are pretty good in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                You've still got the J'Leon Love vs Rosado fight down as a SD of the rankings - recent results. It's been officially changed to a NC now.
                Thanks. Updated record. Missed result deletion. Get it next week
                Last edited by crold1; 07-22-2013, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X