No announcement yet.

Boxing nutrition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing nutrition

I'm about 127 lbs, 130 with a belly full of food by the end of the night.

How many calories should I eat if I'm running and boxing consistently. I'm around 5'6 in height.

Right now i'm usually just having 3 eggs in the morning with a glass of milk.

A footlong Sub at lunch, and supper just something like 2 grill cheese sandwhiches. In between I have drinks or maybe a cookie or something. no Idea how many calories that is.

i'm pretty hyper active too, the only time I rest is when i sleep and I usually only need like 6 hours max. whenever I go to a club (I don't even drink) I jump around like I have rabies or some **** I have so much energy so I suspect I'm burning a **** load of calories.

Pretty vague question. Are you trying to lose? maintain? gain?

Are you just trying to clean up your diet?

Need to give some more information than that. Also might be a good idea to find a gym that does metabolic testing so you know exactly how many calories you burn and how much your body requires to maintain, gain and lose weight.

Comment

alot of dairy in there, thats no good. Also no fruit or vegtables.

Comment

I think he wants to know if he has a boxer friendly nutrition.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
          I'm about 127 lbs, 130 with a belly full of food by the end of the night.

How many calories should I eat if I'm running and boxing consistently. I'm around 5'6 in height.

Right now i'm usually just having 3 eggs in the morning with a glass of milk.

A footlong Sub at lunch, and supper just something like 2 grill cheese sandwhiches. In between I have drinks or maybe a cookie or something. no Idea how many calories that is.

i'm pretty hyper active too, the only time I rest is when i sleep and I usually only need like 6 hours max. whenever I go to a club (I don't even drink) I jump around like I have rabies or some **** I have so much energy so I suspect I'm burning a **** load of calories.
          2k - 2250 Calories should be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
            2k - 2250 Calories should be good.
            thanks. green k

Comment

Originally posted by h4te View Post
              Pretty vague question. Are you trying to lose? maintain? gain?

Are you just trying to clean up your diet?

Need to give some more information than that. Also might be a good idea to find a gym that does metabolic testing so you know exactly how many calories you burn and how much your body requires to maintain, gain and lose weight.
              maintain. Lose maybe that last bit of fat. I'm at maybe low 6's right now high 5's...Ive got a tiny bit of fat on my belly when I sit down. If I can walk around at 125 at least for a day then i won't need to dehydrate to make weight. I don't want to have to skip before I get on the scale. Probably saps the energy.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                maintain. Lose maybe that last bit of fat. I'm at maybe low 6's right now high 5's...Ive got a tiny bit of fat on my belly when I sit down. If I can walk around at 125 at least for a day then i won't need to dehydrate to make weight. I don't want to have to skip before I get on the scale. Probably saps the energy.
                my unprofessional opinion is something like 1 lb of non fat needs about 19 calories a day to function properly. the 2k -2250 was guessing you were at about 8% if your at 6%what id do is 19(127-(127* .06)) = 2280 which is about where you want to be to keep the muscle you have and burn fat. try alittle lower if your not seeing results. if you dont have enough energy try a higher % of the 2280 ish calories of healthy carbs if your not recovering fast enough try a higher % of the 2280 ish calories of low fat protein. if your feeling sluggish all around go up to around 2500 calories. personally i dont really know about any one really being 6% BF and still having some fat to get rid of so i think the 2280 will be fine.

you might want to cut out the grilled cheese and replace with some type of protein like fish chicken beef pork shell fish and a complex carb like whole wheat stuff like rice bread or pasta and some vegetables

thanks for the K

Comment

If you're trying to loose weight, I'd substitute the milk, cheese and white breads, and cookie with vegetables, fruits and berries. Also, instead of having three whole eggs for breakfast, make it two wholes and one white or vise versa.

Comment

I have no fat except for the lower stomach preventing me from having an 8 pack. If I get rid of that I should be walking around at 126 at least.

Comment

Working...
                    X