No announcement yet.

Shields mulling move up to middleweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shields mulling move up to middleweight

Jake Shields has not been in the UFC five minutes and already it sounds like he has one eye on Anderson Silva.

First the Cesar Gracie protege must get past Georges St. Pierre -- but if he does, he admits he may not hang around at 170 for long.

Originally posted by TKD1 View Post
    Jake Shields has not been in the UFC five minutes and already it sounds like he has one eye on Anderson Silva.

First the Cesar Gracie protege must get past Georges St. Pierre -- but if he does, he admits he may not hang around at 170 for long.
    At this stage of his career i think moving back to Mw would be the right choice.

Comment

I think he's a damn good match up to beat Silva because of his wrestling and his BJJ so Anderson won't sub him. He might even finish Silva by submission. I'd never pick against Silva though. Henderson had Shields seeing stars for a solid minute in the 1st, Silva's more accurate so he could put em away.

But even if he does beat GSP I would love to see Fitch vs Shields in MMA so my boy Fitch can get some revenge!

Comment

Shields was noticeably gassed during the 2nd round of the Kampmann fight.

He either just wasn't accustomed to making 170 since he's been fighting at Middleweight for the last 2 years or he might have completely outgrown the Welterweight division.

We should see how he performs against GSP.

Comment

Didn't want to open a whole new thread for this, but if anyone wants to bet on some UFC 129 and 130 fights: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=475097

Comment

Me thinks he should be more concerned about GSP then another weight division.

Comment

Working...
            X