No announcement yet.

Limey Lounge Cricket Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RED ARMY View Post
    England to beat the Aussies 5-0 FACT!!!.
    Of course red.

Those aussie bastards never stood a chance anyway.

Comment

I knew we'd pulverise the windies. That was a ****ing humiliation of Ricky Hatton proportions.

Comment

Windes let me down I have to wait and see if we can tie the series and retain the trophy but England was lucky because of Windes poor fielding, the pitch was kinder to the bowlers.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          Windes let me down I have to wait and see if we can tie the series and retain the trophy but England was lucky because of Windes poor fielding, the pitch was kinder to the bowlers.
          well done england! however lets not get too carried away!
          the windies always struggle in english conditions!!
          fidel edwards was unlucky!! he bowled with good pace & aggression and wasn`t backed up by his fielders!
          that said i dont think the windies stood a chance tbh!
          credit must go to the english bowlers! who did what they were expected to do! (they all bowled well!, swann & onions particularly impressive)

windies were let down by their big guns!(gayle,sarwan & surprisingly enough shiv chanderpaul!)

realistically things can only get worse for the w indies as the next test is in durham where the conditions will be completely foreign to the mostly inexperienced west indies team!
          especially if flintoff gets fit!!

INFERNO i agree that our media is the worst in the world for hyping up our sportsmen but i suppose thats their job!!(and you could say they`re the best in the world at it! lol)

but i dont think that should reflect on our sportsmen & women(current w/champs!!)

mabye our(mens) cricket team isn`t the best in the world! i haven`t heard anyone say we are! infact its obvious we arn`t!
          once again we are underdogs going into the ashes! just like any other time!
          we managed to overcome the odds last time!(in england)
          ok we dont have as good a team as in 2005 but the same can be said for australia!! no shane warne! no glenn mcgrath! no matt hayden! no justin langer! no adam gilcrist!...

australia arn`t as reliable as they used to be! they`re good when on form but if england can get off to a good start then i can see the aussies crumbling under pressure!!

as far as the windies go!! i predict a comprehensive victory at chester-le-street(for england)

Comment

Redemption begins tomorrow, Gayle needs to be permanently replace let him go play IPL if he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              Redemption begins tomorrow, Gayle needs to be permanently replace let him go play IPL if he wants.
              Chris Gayle isn't fit to be captain of the windies. He's a great batsman which is a shame but if he thinks that test cricket is dead then he should fuck off and play in the IPL.

Great innings from Cook and Bopara today. Hopefully we can achieve 550 and declare tomorrow and sea what the windies can do.

Did you see the hostile bowling from Fidel Edwards at the end of the day!!! Jimmy Anderson didn't look too impressed after he got a smack in the head last week. I do like Edwards though, he's a really fast aggressive bowler and he could have single handedly won the last test if it wasn't for incompetent fielding by the west indies.

Comment

Iv been realy impressed with Ravi Bopara, We got some very good players who are still pretty young
                Cook
                Bopara
                Broad
                Anderson
                Plus the Asian kid at Yorkshire looks a very good cricketer

Comment

I have bowled in the nets to Shiv Chanderpaul. He is very good

Comment

you know what you are saying

Comment

Originally posted by adietheforestfa View Post
                      I have bowled in the nets to Shiv Chanderpaul. He is very good
                      where and when?

Comment

Working...
                      X