No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Cortez Reflects on The Mayweather-Ortiz Outcome

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Cortez Reflects on The Mayweather-Ortiz Outcome

Veteran referee Joe Cortez was involved in one of the most controversial fights of 2011, when Floyd Mayweather Jr. knocked out Victor Ortiz in September to win the WBC welterweight title at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Ortiz, in the process of apologizing for an illegal head butt, dropped his guard to approach Mayweather, who took advantage by landing two solid punches to knock Ortiz out. Ortiz claimed that Cortez never advised them to fight on, which is why he dropped his guard.

[Click Here To Read More]

i dont see any cause for controversy in that fight..

Mayweather knocked him out because Ortiz quit. That's it.

Comment

It was legal but Mayweather behaved like a coward with those cheapshots because he was being bullied in that round.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
        i dont see any cause for controversy in that fight..

Mayweather knocked him out because Ortiz quit. That's it.
        cool avy, bro

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
          It was legal but Mayweather behaved like a coward with those cheapshots because he was being bullied in that round.
          Ortiz didnt land not one single clean shot in that round. Because u rush someone throwing a lot of shots don't mean u did anything lol...did Mayweather look worried when he leaned back smiling and shaking his head in the middle of all that while making Ortiz miss? If he was on a roll then there was no need for that flagrant foul right?!...that was frustration from not landing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
            Did you watch the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by SincereDaGreat View Post
              Ortiz didnt land not one single clean shot in that round. Because u rush someone throwing a lot of shots don't mean u did anything lol...did Mayweather look worried when he leaned back smiling and shaking his head in the middle of all that while making Ortiz miss? If he was on a roll then there was no need for that flagrant foul right?!...that was frustration from not landing!!!
              so true my friend. most of these so called boxing fans dont know what their talking about.

Comment

When a referee brings his hands together and says "let's go" while the official clock starts back up and you try and apologize by hugging a fighter for the fourth time, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Comment

Joe Cortez really lost control of the fight. No wonder Ortiz looked back at him, not knowing what was going on. Joe Cortez never verbally told them to fight.

“No, it was all within the rules. I did not say box with my mouth, because there were so many people [at the arena], they would not have heard my voice. So I waved the boxers [to fight on], and this always happens when you have an arema with 13 or 15 thousand fans inside."

Comment

Victor Ortiz is a dumb ass with his stupid grin. He knew better but he was too busy listening to Oscar before the fight and got out of character. Karma just hit him with a two piece immediately. Dude got hit with the first punch and looked at Cortez instead of throwing his hands up, trying to block or punch back. He wanted out.

Comment

Working...
                    X