No announcement yet.

I Really Like Adrien Broner...but...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    Broner has no business or need to fight Burns in the UK, yes it's a fight I would like to see, but I don't want an American getting robbed over there. I see Broner easily getting a KO win, but you never know what can happen (ref calls a BS DQ). Nobody outside the UK even knows who the hell Burns is, only Burns we know here is Montgomery Burns. Tell homeboy to come to the US and get his ass whopping here.
    Nobody ouside the US, maybe Mexico, knows who Broner is lol. Itd be good exposure for both of them

Comment

he already lost to Ponce and sneaked away with a win
      he's not gonna take any chances fighting abroad right now
      he's trying to make himself a star, so don't expect any boldness
      now he has another belt, so he'll just try to fight and win
      so long as he does that, it doesn't matter where he fights

Comment

Adrian Broner is an Al Haymon fighter, and Al always makes sure his guys get paid to the degree that going abroad isn't really necessary. I would still like to see him do it though, as he'd gain some respect and should beat Burns pretty well IMO.

Comment

He's good but he sadly wont be the billion dollar generating star he says he will. A midget could never do that. The wider public have no intrest in the midgets.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
            Nobody ouside the US, maybe Mexico, knows who Broner is lol. Itd be good exposure for both of them
            For now.

If Broner continues to seek the best out and continues winning, the world will know who he is soon enough.

Very few boxers become famous because of where they are willing to travel outside of the USA.

Hate it or love it, America is the mecca of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Burns could have made the weight for one more fight but the opponent led him to pass on the opportunity. Now I suspect that coming over to America to fight Broner will lead him to pass on the opportunity again.

Not being hysterical, just noticing a possible pattern.
              Noticing a possible pattern??? He couldn't make the weight anymore. There's no point coming in weakened against top class opposition (just ask Dawson). And he's looked a different fighter since moving up. Much stronger.

How does moving up from a division you can't make anymore be a pattern? It happened once.

Comment

I really like Adrien Broner... But he cant stand with Joan Guzman @ 140.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                  How does moving up from a division you can't make anymore be a pattern? It happened once.
                  The pattern I'm referring to is Ricky Burns finding excuses not to fight Broner. The first time around it was the weight, this time it will be that he doesn't want to travel to the US.

I hope I'm wrong but we all know how Frank Warren operates....

Comment

the higher ranked and bigger star should go to fight a lesser fighter in the UK who is also the same guy who avoided him? that's funny.

Comment

Working...
                    X