No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joan Guzman Returns October 15 in DR, Eyes Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joan Guzman Returns October 15 in DR, Eyes Khan

Former three division champ Joan Guzman says he is ready to move on with his career, beginning with an October 15 bout in his hometown of Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic against an opponent to be named. The bout will be promoted by his own outfit JG Boxing Entertainment, which he runs alongside manager Jose Nunez, with the contracted weight at 145 pounds. [Click Here To Read More]

Joan was good at 122. His power didn't follow him to 130 and its going to be even worse at 140.

Not knocking on his performances at the lower weights, but Joan is not committed to boxing and he just wants an undeserved payday.

This guy doesn't belong in the same sentence as Khan right now.

Comment

Get in line

Guess WHO'S broke, living in the lovely Dominican Republic and STILL wants us fans to continually believe in him?? Just another "I want Khan" wannabe. Of cour$e he want$ Khan, $o doe$ everybody el$e. Yawn... very boring. Shut up, make the weight, win a few meaningful fights and then GET IN LINE!!

Comment

fix your food problem first fattie before you target khan. you blew it more than twice already.

Comment

If Guzman had kept in shape and still had the drive in him, he would could have caused everyone at 135 and 140 big problems. No doubt his natural skill will get him past a lot of guys, but the guys who are fighting regularly at 140 are going to have some advantages over him...With that being said I would love to see Khan fight Guzman if he can get a couple of fights under his belt against top guys and make the weight, but I think Khan is going up to 147 sooner then Guzman makes 140 competitively.

Guzman should have made this decision 12 months ago and he could have lined up Alexander, Khan etc, now it's almost a bit of a hollow gesture as a few of the 140 guys are on their way up to 147

Comment

Where's Gina when you need her.

She has to tell her compatriot to take the tests.

Comment

although I think he could be more effective @140 and I dont see him getting outweight either as he goes at fightnight in the +150's, I dont see much future with Joan as he is getting up on age plus the discipline factor, at this point IMHO Khan is to much for him...

Comment

Originally posted by EZ E View Post
                Guess WHO'S broke, living in the lovely Dominican Republic and STILL wants us fans to continually believe in him?? Just another "I want Khan" wannabe. Of cour$e he want$ Khan, $o doe$ everybody el$e. Yawn... very boring. Shut up, make the weight, win a few meaningful fights and then GET IN LINE!!
                he lives here in ridgewood/bk and owns a house and everything. and has a mansion in the DR. he was supposed to fight khan instead mckloskey fought him..get your facts straight.

Comment

He will proabbly come in at 151, for a fight at 140, **** Guzman fat a$$

Comment

early prediction-he won't make weight

Comment

Working...
                    X