Fact or Fiction: Paul Williams Would Have Beaten Mayweather at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no his defense is non existent and his punches are wide and sloppy

Comment

I alway thought the only fighter that could have beaten Mayweather at around 2007-2009 was williams, But looking back now that seem like i might have jumped to an early conclusion.

Comment

Yes. He very well could have beaten Floyd at 147. If Paul throws his jab, it's going to find Floyd because of his reach. Even if he does miss, Paul will throw another 5 punches when Floyd decides to counter. With proper ring footwork and a solid jab, Williams would outpoint Mayweather to a debatable decision win. The only chance Floyd had of beating prime Paul Williams is by knocking him out.

Comment

Originally posted by shodown19 View Post
          Yes. He very well could have beaten Floyd at 147. If Paul throws his jab, it's going to find Floyd because of his reach. Even if he does miss, Paul will throw another 5 punches when Floyd decides to counter. With proper ring footwork and a solid jab, Williams would outpoint Mayweather to a debatable decision win. The only chance Floyd had of beating prime Paul Williams is by knocking him out.
          what jab????????and floyd can only win by ko??how bout he outbox him like quintana did since hes 10 times the boxer quintana is

Comment

Prime or no prime, burner. Mayweather would win by UD.

Comment

mayweather puts a beating on him.. and i love P-will...

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
                what jab????????and floyd can only win by ko??how bout he outbox him like quintana did since hes 10 times the boxer quintana is
                Did you read the first post or not? It says Prime Williams and it mentions the Margarito fight.

If you saw the Margarito fight then you know what jab were talking about.

Comment

Science-fiction.

Comment

yes but to be honest it's not rely a fair match for floyd at welter

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                      A Prime WW Williams.

Yes.

6-3
                      Fast
                      Lefty
                      GREAT chin (Prime)
                      Head Movement
                      Leads with jab (Prime)
                      Crazy Stamina
                      Crazy Workrate