Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rematch that should have, but never happened.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corbett-Sullivan

Comment

Hagler-Hearns 2
      Leonard-Hearns 2, while both were at prime

Comment

Also Corrales-Mayweather why hasnt it happened already? ****ing ridiculous and i dont blame Diego its either Floyd or promoters.

Comment

Originally posted by BodysnatcherFan
          Hagler-Hearns 2
          Leonard-Hearns 2, while both were at prime
          Yes?! What?! What?!

Comment

Originally posted by grayfist
            Yes?! What?! What?!
            Why you confused? Please explain more i dont understand reply.

Comment

Why you confused? Please explain more i dont understand reply.
              You want a rematch for a REMATCH? You noted that you wanted the Leonard-Hearns 2 to be rematched! And you wanted that they be at their prime when they meet for the third time?!

Leonard first met Hearns on Sept 16,1981 at the Ceasars Palace; then they met again nearly 8 years later at the same venue (June 6, 1989). The latter was Leonard-Hearns 2. Both were 8 years older ( and cannot be at their prime) than they first met! And you wanted a REMATCH of that second meeting?! You indicated, a rematch of Leonard-Hearns 2!!!! And demanded that they be at their prime!!!

I don't get it!

Does anybody?

Comment

Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis but this time lewis comes in shape

Comment

no

Originally posted by grayfist
                  You want a rematch for a REMATCH? You noted that you wanted the Leonard-Hearns 2 to be rematched! And you wanted that they be at their prime when they meet for the third time?!

Leonard first met Hearns on Sept 16,1981 at the Ceasars Palace; then they met again nearly 8 years later at the same venue (June 6, 1989). The latter was Leonard-Hearns 2. Both were 8 years older ( and cannot be at their prime) than they first met! And you wanted a REMATCH of that second meeting?! You indicated, a rematch of Leonard-Hearns 2!!!! And demanded that they be at their prime!!!

I don't get it!

Does anybody?
                  No you simply didnt read the post properly. The title of thread is "rematches that should have happened". I said Hagler-Hearns 2, and Leonard-Hearns 2 while both at primes. These are rematches that never happened. A v B 2 IS A REMATCH. If i had said what you think I would have had to say "A rematch of Leonard-Hearns 2", so therefore no you havent caught me out, and yes you are a smart-ass. Correction: wannabee smartass.

Comment

Lennox Lewis Vs Riddick Bowe
                    they definately should of fought a rematch at pro level
                    after lewis beat bowe in the olympics (or wherever it was)

if tito trinidad never fights bernard hopkins again that too

Comment

No you simply didnt read the post properly. The title of thread is "rematches that should have happened". I said Hagler-Hearns 2, and Leonard-Hearns 2 while both at primes. These are rematches that never happened. A v B 2 IS A REMATCH. If i had said what you think I would have had to say "A rematch of Leonard-Hearns 2", so therefore no you havent caught me out, and yes you are a smart-ass. Correction: wannabee smartass.
                      As pointed out earlier, Hearns and Leonard met twice. The first, in Septeember 16,1981 in what THE RING later proclaimed FIGHT OF THE YEAR. Leonard took that one via TKO 14. That was for the WBC/WBA welterweight titles.

The second fight, and thus, THE REMATCH, happened in June 12, 1989, this time for the WBC & WBO Super Middle titles. It was declared a draw, although Leonard fell twice: once in the 3rd and again in the 11th.

The title of the thread, as you pointed out, is "Rematches that should have happened" The Hearns-Leonard REMATCH happened! So it cannot stay in the realm of SHOULD HAVE...because it did!
                      If you wanted a third encounter, that is to say, you wanted a REMATCH OF A REMATCH, it's not exactly anything new. There have been several trilogies (and more). That's why I asked if you were asking for a rematch of a rematch? That while noting that the second fight took place some 8 years after the first, thus they could not have been in their prime.

As for Hearns-Hagler, they never met again. That's why I didn't comment on that. You could put it up as one you'd like to see a rematch of. It's your prerogative. But the way the first one ended (in the 3RD) could very well be the same in a rematch, should there have been one. If you want to watch that too, that's your choice.

So, you see, I may neither be such a "smartass" nor "wannabesmartass", after all, am I?
                      Last edited by grayfist; 12-17-2004, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X