Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida Gators = Team of the decade in football AND Basketball!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Gators = Team of the decade in football AND Basketball!

Only team of the decade to win 2 titles in basketball (2006-07) plus play in a third in 2000.

In football LSU and Southern Cal also have a case but with outright titles in (2006 and 08) and returning a team that should contend again this year I think the Gators have had the superior decade.

gators suck.

where's jreckoning?

he'll tell you how superior the U is to florida. lol

Comment

Can't argue with that. 5 combined titles this decade. Pretty impressive. Credit that to not only the players, but their amazing coaches.

Comment

I guess. As far as basketball there were some very, very good teams this decade. You had Duke who won a title (Dunleavy, Battier, Boozer, Duhon, Jay Williams) very stacked team.

Also UCLA has been incredible they have been in the final 4 a ton of times. There's the Syracuse team with Melo, Warrick, and Mac.

Florida has two chips though. Hard to argue. But they had a whole team come back which is very unusual.

I think if some other teams stayed 1 more year there would be another team with 2 titles. It's just way too hard to do it back to back with a different cast.

Comment

Working...
        X