Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many ATG/FUTURE ATG talent do you see from Eastern Europe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many ATG/FUTURE ATG talent do you see from Eastern Europe?

Obviously future 'atg' talent is subjective. But I am curious how many current ATG'S(if they retire today) and future ATG(TALENT) do you see among the Eastern European boxers?

This is my list:

Wladimir K: Wladimir is a top 10 HW ATG. No debate. The only way that he will be out of that list is if he suddenly gets knocked out 2-3 more times in a row within the next 1-2 years.

Vitali K: Tougher to make a case for, because his resume is thin. But, I still consider him an HEAVYWEIGHT ATG. Simply because the HW division did not produce as many great fighters as some other divisions. Top 20 HW ATG.

Kubrat Pulev is too old to develop his abilities to ATG levels. He's 31. The same goes for David Price. If both these guys were still 21 years old, I will say they have the potential to be ATGS. But they are too old (even for HW'S) to jump further. I think they will both end up as 'elite fighters' at worst 'world class'.

Gennady Golevkin will become an elite fighter. Imo. Once again not enough time to develop into a Bernard Hopkins skill level fighter. He's already 30.
    K Bros Only
    26.67%
    Only Wladimir
    20.00%
    None
    40.00%
    3+ (list the ones outside of Kbros if you can)
    0.00%
    4+
    0.00%
    5+
    13.33%

I could see the K brothers being top 100 ATG's, but I can't be sure, I don't have a list to go by...

Comment

Did Lomachenko make his pro debut yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        He's never ever gonna fight as a pro. He's busy fighting other people with head gear for 4 rounders.

Comment

I don't know who they will be but I have no doubt plenty of great fighters will be coming from there over the years to come. They are very strong, tough people from a poor part of the world. Now that they are boxing as pros lots of good fighters are going to keep coming from there. Pirog and Golovkin might be the two best middleweights in the world today. Martinez does not seem to want to fight them.

Comment

Last I heard he got picked up by that AIBA pro league.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              Skittlez is wrong.Lomachenko is already signed with the APB. Aiba pro boxing

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                Just looked it up and it seems he's fighting in the WSB, for the Ukraine Otamans team. Very good money in that for elite amateurs like him and maybe he'll still turn pro after a season of it. No headgear and it's scored on the ten point must system so it could be a useful stepping stone for some guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
                  Obviously future 'atg' talent is subjective. But I am curious how many current ATG'S(if they retire today) and future ATG(TALENT) do you see among the Eastern European boxers?

This is my list:

Wladimir K: Wladimir is a top 10 HW ATG. No debate. The only way that he will be out of that list is if he suddenly gets knocked out 2-3 more times in a row within the next 1-2 years.

Vitali K: Tougher to make a case for, because his resume is thin. But, I still consider him an HEAVYWEIGHT ATG. Simply because the HW division did not produce as many great fighters as some other divisions. Top 20 HW ATG.

why no debate? because you know you would lose?

Comment

Just looked it up and it seems he's fighting in the WSB, for the Ukraine Otamans team. Very good money in that for elite amateurs like him and maybe he'll still turn pro after a season of it. No headgear and it's scored on the ten point must system so it could be a useful stepping stone for some guys.

if he makes it big in the states as an actual professional he can make some real money

Comment

Working...
                    X