Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gift decisions and robberies are so wrong.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift decisions and robberies are so wrong.

It's like, I look through impressive records on Boxrec from 30-40 years ago, and there ain't no telling which fights were scored right and which fights were scored wrong. In 20-30 years time nobody will know that Alexander got a gift against Kotelnik, or that Bute got KO'd in the 12th round of his first fight with Andrade, for a few examples.

This stuff really bothers me every time I see some bull**** decision. It is happening more and more often. Atleast once a month these days, there is a well covered fight that ends in a heinous screwjob.

What can be done? I saw one of these a few years ago and I almost quit boxing over it. Can't remember what it was now though, think it was some insignificant British title fight or something.

I know... Calzaghe-Hopkins ruined my fascination with boxing for all of 2008. ****ing ******* Brit dickheads who can't judge to save their lives... wish we wouldn't have saved them in the 1940s.

Comment

Comment

As much as I wanted Andrade to win that fight, and the ref did try to **** him over, Bute was up before 10 and there was no time left on the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by -GBGQ- View Post
          As much as I wanted Andrade to win that fight, and the ref did try to **** him over, Bute was up before 10 and there was no time left on the clock.
          Bute was out buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
            Bute was out buddy.
            I wish he was. Believe me, I do. If the ref didn't blatantly try ****ing Andrade over this wouldn't even be much of a controversy. Bute was up at like the 8 count at the latest and there was no time left. I don't want to compare this to Meldrick Taylor/Chavez because I believe Lucian Bute was alot more hurt than Taylor was but it would've been that type of scenerio. The ref would've wiped off Bute's gloves and the clock would have expired.

Comment

Working...
            X