No announcement yet.

ICEMAN Chuck Liddell ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrpedigree View Post
    When did he get Knocked out in the pride tournament??
    He was never knocked out in that tournament !
    He brually knocked out Alistar Oveream ...a very good fighter btw !
    He then faught rampage Jackson who he lost to after the corner stopped it ..Rampage didint KO him as chucks corner stopped it !!
    Gets the facts right
    Many MMA newbies, haters, or otherwise tards make that same mistake...wonder where they fit? Hmmmmmmmm

Comment

Well his corner had to quit for him, which is probably worse than just getting knocked out.

A very good fighter right now. A horribly inconsistent and weight drained fighter back then, who up until getting knocked out was putting a beating on Chuck.

He then faught rampage Jackson who he lost to after the corner stopped it ..Rampage didint KO him as chucks corner stopped it !!
      Gets the facts right
      See first response. The reason they put him in the tournament was that they were confident he could make his way to the finals and beat Wanderlei Silva, and he didn't. So he came back to the UFC and beat a bunch of grapplers.

Comment

I say Chuck's best win was against Vitor Belfort. How he ever won that fight is beyond me. it was a close fight though. But Chuck actually took it too Vitor on the feet. That was crazy as hell.

But other then Wandy & a weight drained Overreem, yeah he has beaten mostly grapplers.

But he still is an all time great because of what he did for the UFC. Put on exciting fights and took us into the mainstream. I can respect that.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
          I say Chuck's best win was against Vitor Belfort. How he ever won that fight is beyond me. it was a close fight though. But Chuck actually took it too Vitor on the feet. That was crazy as hell.
          I agree, but you have to take into account that Vitor is possibly the biggest mental midget in combat sports and a pretty inconsistent fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by SwoleBiceps View Post
            I agree, but you have to take into account that Vitor is possibly the biggest mental midget in combat sports and a pretty inconsistent fighter.
            chuck should never, ever fight again. even with a broken neck tito would probably knock him out now, randy would kick his ass, i see kumbo slice or houston alexander easily beating him now

Comment

Gets the facts right
              A knockout is a knockout. I don't play the TKO vs KO vs TKO by way of corner stoppage game. A guy is getting his ass beat, the fight is stopped for a "technical knockout," note the word "knockout" after technical.

Nice try with the semantics though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                A knockout is a knockout. I don't play the TKO vs KO vs TKO by way of corner stoppage game. A guy is getting his ass beat, the fight is stopped for a "technical knockout," note the word "knockout" after technical.

Nice try with the semantics though.
                Don't try and be contrary and split hairs ...your the one with the "semantics" ..the fact is you got it wrong he wasn't knocked out by Jackson in pride ! ....Knocked out is knocked out and what happened in pride against Jackson wasn't a Knock out....what happened on Saturday night against franklin was what we call a "Knockout " !
                Last edited by CiganoBoxer; 06-15-2010, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Don't try and be contrary and split hairs ...your the one with the "semantics" ..the fact is you got it wrong he wasn't knocked out by Jackson in pride ! ....Knocked out is knocked out and what happened in pride against Jackson wasn't a Knock out....what happened on Saturday night against franklin was what we call a "Knockout " !
                  what happened on saturday is what we call an asswhuppin. same thing rampage did to him, twice. he taxed that ass until chuck was unable to continue, u can get technical about it but bottom line he got his ass whupped. its not like he lost a decision, he got taken out.

Comment

Hilarious to see people vehemently arguing the distinction between the ref. stopping it and the corner. He was getting his face smashed in on the ground and it was about to be stopped - don't act like Liddell won some sort of moral victory there. And just to irritate you people more: Liddell = overrated. Yeah, I said it.

Comment

Again trying to get some of these people who are hell bent on hatin' is like trying to get a turd not to stink like ****.........just not gonna happen.....true story!

Comment

Working...
                      X