Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bomba Gonzalez is Focused on Landing Brian Viloria Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bomba Gonzalez is Focused on Landing Brian Viloria Shot

Rising flyweight contender Jonathan "Bomba" Gonzalez (12-0, 11KOs) feels ready for a world title shot. He would like a crack at WBO/WBA champion Brian Viloria (32-3, 19KOs), who defends his title against Juan Estrada on April 6th in China. Gonzalez himself will return to the ring on May 18th.

Gonzalez's promoter, Peter Rivera of Puerto Rico Best Boxing, will soon begin talks to get his boxer a shot at Viloria. Rivera plans to be in China for Viloria's fight. Another boxer in Rivera's stable, Rocky Martinez, will defend his WBO super featherweight title against Diego Magdaleno in the co-feature.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I like Ja Bomba but this is to much for him right now. They need to feed him some better opponents first.

Comment

all these Bomba and Bomb nicknames are confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
        all these Bomba and Bomb nicknames are confusing.
        Yea I agree, off the top of my head currently, there's...

Don "Da Bomb" George
        Edwin "La Bomba" Rodriguez
        Jonathan "Bomba" Gonzalez

Currently there's two Jonathan Gonzalez prospects out of P.R. I think they're trying to differentiate the two by calling one of them by their Nickname instead of their first name.

Comment

This is pr best prospect in my eyes. He will win a belt but no way in hell he beats this current version of viloria.

Comment

Good PR prospect but wrong Gonzalez for the moment, "Bomba" needs to prove himself before coming at the cream of the crop of the lower weights. Viloria vs Roman "El Chocolatito" Gonzalez needs to happen asap, this is the best matchup 118 and down. Consolation fight would be Igarashi vs Viloria for flyweight supremacy.

Comment

Too early, he needs to keep getting experience and go deep in the 10-12 rounds a few times before jumping into the Lion's cage. Look what has happened to all the PR prospects!(which may not necessarily be a bad thing in the long run)

Comment

good luck with that, Viloria is a MONSTER

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
                  This is pr best prospect in my eyes. He will win a belt but no way in hell he beats this current version of viloria.
                  agreed...viloria is a beast when he commits 100% to a fight.

Comment

Bomab Gonzalez is really good but this might be too much too soon ala Dulorme

Comment

Working...
                    X