Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The winner of Ward-Dawson is no worse than #3 p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my list is

1-Floyd

2-Pac

3-Sergio

4-Ward (though I could argue his is 3)

5- Wlad

I think people hold Pac & Floyd to a huge standard. So Pac has close fights with 2 beast in JMM & Bradley in which I thought he won both but either way they were close and he drops way down the P4P list. Yet Dawson loses to Pascal and has mad tough fights with a 50 yo fighter and he jumps way up on the list? Explain that to me.

Ward is a beast but still pretty much only fights in Oakland and hasnt beaten anyone at a higher weight. That definitely isnt mandatory but at the same time I do give Pac & Floyd extra points for that. Furthmore, as much as people sweat what a guy like Ward has done, JMM & Bradley are still better to me than anyone he has fought.

If Pac's name wasnt Pac then everyone would be sweating a guy who just fought like that against Bradley & JMM. Its too much bias & hate in boxing. Stop holding these guys to different standards. Its just like right now there is only like 2 guys Floyd can fight and get credit for. Any other fight is a garbage win.

Yet if any of the other top guys fought those other guys, people on this site would give them mad props for those wins and call them big fights. Its a joke how the fans dont realize this.

Right now I think Ward is probably or maybe better than Pac but he hasnt fully proven that yet. I also think Dawson could beat Ward if healthy at the weight but as of right now those guys havent knocked Pac off that spot IMO. If you have them there then thats fine and can be debated but its sickening to me listen to guys crapping all over people who still have Pac rated high like he is so scrub or is fighting bums

Comment

Originally posted by the larryx View Post
      Then your list is ****..cause no way in hell he is ranked over Donaire,Ward or Bradley....he lost and looked like **** against a 38 year old lightweight...keep it real man
      I see your point but let's be fair, that "38 year old Lightweight" isn't just any Lightweight, it's Juan Manuel Marquez.

I have Pacquaio #3, behind Mayweather and Marquez.

I see an argument for Andre Ward but I'd still personally have Pacquaio above him despite the fact Ward's been more impressive in recent years in comparison.

Guy's like Donaire, Martinez etc I consider to be top fighters but I wouldn't rank them above Pacquaio.

Comment

i have my top 5

1.Mayweather
        2.Pacquiao (i cant believe someone just said they have Marquez #2,regardless if you think he beat pac, his last real, good win was juan diaz back in 09. hes fought nobodies since,and lost to mayweather. The world knows what happened with Bradley,and to me, he looked good against a young,undefeated,prime fighter. not bad)
        3.Ward (could move to 2 if he beats dawson)
        4.Martinez (could move to 3 or 2 if he beats Chavez)
        5.Donaire. (could move to 4 or 3 if he beats nishoka)

Comment

Originally posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
          i have my top 5

1.Mayweather
          2.Pacquiao (i cant believe someone just said they have Marquez #2,regardless if you think he beat pac, his last real, good win was juan diaz back in 09. hes fought nobodies since,and lost to mayweather. The world knows what happened with Bradley,and to me, he looked good against a young,undefeated,prime fighter. not bad)
          3.Ward (could move to 2 if he beats dawson)
          4.Martinez (could move to 3 or 2 if he beats Chavez)
          5.Donaire. (could move to 4 or 3 if he beats nishoka)
          Regardless to if you think he beat Pacquaio? Why wouldn't that be regarded? That's a pretty huge thing.

If you were to feel Marquez beat Pacquaio the third time, which, a long list of people do. Then obviously, it's safe to say that those people are most likely going to consider him to be ranked above him.

Comment

I will see the winner as #3.

Comment

Pound for pound I think Ward would beat Mayweather. Right now it is difficult to assess how much Mayweather has left in the tank, he's obviously one of the stronger fighters in his divisions though his opponents of late have question marks over their head. Cotto, Ortiz, Mosley and Marquez.

I'd like to see him in the ring with someone like Timmothy Bradley, a fighter not prone for brain farts and a fighter who is clearly in his prime.

Anyway my list looks like this.
              Ward.
              Mayweather.
              Wlad.
              Bradley.
              Donaire.
              Martinez.
              Marquez.
              Pacquiao.
              Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Regardless to if you think he beat Pacquaio? Why wouldn't that be regarded? That's a pretty huge thing.

If you were to feel Marquez beat Pacquaio the third time, which, a long list of people do. Then obviously, it's safe to say that those people are most likely going to consider him to be ranked above him.
                maybe youre right, but hes definitely not number 2.

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
                  yeah its hard to argue but things should be more clear after the 15th. dawson,ward,and martinez could stake their claim as to who is the best next to floyd
                  Apparently you have dropped Pacquiao out of the top 5 pfp. Most fans and experts think he clearly beat tough pfp. fighter Bradley and still rank Pacquiao right behind Mayweather at #2. Ring has Pac and Floyd tied at the top with Martinez 3rd, Donaire 4th, Ward 5th and Dawson 10th. I agree with Ring except I would make Floyd the clear #1 and Pacquiao #2. In less than 70 days all of the top 5 guys have very big fights. You have the right to rank them anyway you want to. PFP. is just opinions. I will wait till all these big fights happen and revise my ratings then.

Comment

imo the p4p list is in flux. floyd is clearly almost universally regarded as the best p4p fighter in the world. manny may or may not be after him. i have a hard time rating jmm above manny or ward for the simple fact that hes been fighting ****ty opposition in comparison to those 3 guys. jmm may deserve the 2nd spot and i wouldnt have an issue with that, but i think he gets away with too much so i leave manny there and i put ward at 3 with jmm behind the lot of them. martinez and donaire are interchangable, that may change with their next fights tho. both will be fighting career changers.

Comment

I just don't get how either of those two guys should be in the top 3 p4p. Top 5, maybe Ward if he wins.......but Dawson beats a guy not currently in the top 3 and he gets catapulted into the #2 spot?

It's like the smw division is the elite of the elite division in boxing or something......the super 6 was an utter failure imo and Ward fought several guys that were replacement fighters and all fights in his backyard.

If Martinez destroys a guy that will come in almost 20 pounds heavier than him (should be a lhw) who is more than 10 years younger than him and considered a rising "superstar", then he is staying at 3 and should be the one considered for the move up, not Dawson or Ward.

Comment

Working...
                      X