No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia: Matthysse Had Never Gone Through Adversity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Garcia: Matthysse Had Never Gone Through Adversity

Before the fight was even signed, WBC/WBA junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia (27-0, 16KOs) was fully aware that Lucas Matthysse was a dangerous puncher (34-3, 32KOs), but he also viewed him as a boxer who never went through adversity in any of his fights. Danny says his father and trainer, Angel Garcia, put together a perfect game place to nullify Matthysse's power.

The game plan worked, with Garcia winning a twelve round unanimous decision over Matthysse on Saturday night at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Garcia practically closed Matthysse's eye in the sixth round and then dropped him in the eleventh.
    [Click Here To Read More]

ya i think its time for people to give angel the respect deserved as well

Comment

People forget that Holt landed some flush left hooks on Garcia, and Garcia took them well. Say what you may about Holt but the man can punch. Matthysse was never gonna get it done with one shot, well at least I didn't think so.

Comment

Garcia is the Tim Tebow of boxing. Lol

Comment

Man, I was cringing when Schaeffer was hyping Matthysse as the second coming of Manny Pacquiao, but after this he's gone rather quiet.

Comment

i was wrong when i thought mathysee will overpower garcia with his signature power shots...

Comment

Team Garcia has humbled all the sh.it talkers. There's a point where he'll lose to someone of the likes of Mayweather but I believe he will have a great career outside of that. Here he is less then 2 years from his exposure on television and sits lonely on top of the junior welterweight division mountain.

Comment

I was very, very surprised by how Lucas basically lost his composure and gameplan when the eye shut. He lost the fight in those three rounds when and after the eye closed.

That above all else is why Danny won IMO, he was the more disciplined and composed fighter.

Comment

Danny showed he has a great chin & of course power... can't wait to see him at welterweight.

Comment

Matthysse showed he was dimensional he his only game plan was to head hunt and thought he could take out Danny with one punch. Danny showed he could take Matthysse's power he even had his gum shield dislodged from his mouth and showed what a good chin he really has, maybe Garcia v Mayweather next, I don't see who really else who's credible out the there as Mayweather has beaten the best 2 in Canelo and the Ghost.

Comment

Working...
                    X