Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto: Margarito Will Get Punished Without Plaster

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto: Margarito Will Get Punished Without Plaster

WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto is not worried about the punching power of Antonio Margarito. The Mexican former welterweight champion was the victor of their first battle, in July 2008, by TKO in eleven. During a few of his pre-fight interviews, Cotto has accused Margarito of loading his gloves with plaster of Paris before entering the ring for their previous fight in Las Vegas. Margarito was caught with tampered handwraps before a scheduled fight with Shane Mosley in January 2009.

[Click Here To Read More]

I love how Cotto shows he holds Margarito with such contempt. But at the same time this kind of trashtalking is like a double-edged sword. If he loses or gets TKO'd, he is going to have sooooooooooo much egg on his face. The shame will be too much to bear.

Comment

Maybe it's just me but I think they're both playing it up.

There is genuine animosity but not to this extent...I think a lot of this is promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
        I love how Cotto shows he holds Margarito with such contempt. But at the same time this kind of trashtalking is like a double-edged sword. If he loses or gets TKO'd, he is going to have sooooooooooo much egg on his face. The shame will be too much to bear.
        Thats what makes the fight so interesting.

Comment

That's right *****es!!! War Cotto! **** Cheato!

Cheato! Cheato! Cheato!

Comment

Cotto has taken alot of punishment in his fights with Margarito and Pacquiao, he isn't the same man. He wasn't the same man after his vicious beating from Margarito. He may not be worried publicly, but personally I'm sure a fighter never forgets about the beating they took, how can they? Cotto's face after their first encounter looked like ground hamburger.

I think Cotto's a real stand up guy who has his priorities in the right place, and though I expect him to win on points, it won't be anything like the first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
              Maybe it's just me but I think they're both playing it up.

There is genuine animosity but not to this extent...I think a lot of this is promotion.
              I can see it with any other fighter but when "the robot" shows any emotion and feelings towards an opponent you know it's real. He'd never come close to being this outspoken.

I think Cotto genuinely hates Margarito and you won't see them shake hands or embrace after the fight.

Comment

You have to have confidence. Thanks to both of you for the "trash talking" because i'm getting ****ing exited!

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
                  I can see it with any other fighter but when "the robot" shows any emotion and feelings towards an opponent you know it's real. He'd never come close to being this outspoken.

I think Cotto genuinely hates Margarito and you won't see them shake hands or embrace after the fight.
                  yes i agree. "Bad blood" fights are the best when 2 fighters actually hate eachother kinda like DLH-Vargas

I dont know about others but i cant stand and watch 2 guys trash talk each other all thru out camp and then hug and kiss after the fight kinda like Floyd-ORtiz

Comment

justice is always better served from the victim. war cotto!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X