No announcement yet.

Prime Holyfeild vs. Current Wlad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
    Style wise this is a terrible matchup for Evander. Wlad is like a more powerful Riddick Bowe. I think Holyfield would take Vitali though
    Wouldn't say it was like the Bowe match up, Bowe was a mid-range and inside boxer who could also box but got dragged to easily into a brawl, also Bowe's uppercut is one of Bowe's best weapons and is what damaged Holy the most.

Wlad is an outside boxer / controls the distance, when / if someone can get on the inside he ties them up and he rarely throws an uppercut, also he's a smarter boxer then Bowe.
    Poor comparison.

Wlad has faced nobody as good as a prime holyfield,he is faster and generally better in EVERY way than any of wlads opponents
    Byrd has him on D, that's it though I think ?.

Fight is I'd say 60 / 40 in Holy's favor, it depends on if Wlad can control the pace and distance of the fight of course, Holy's defense is not the greatest which would cause him trouble seeing as Wlad is such a huge puncher but I could see him out hustling Wlad and 'if' he can successfully get on the inside he can get some damage done.

Main question is could Wlad keep up with Holy's pace if he can't control it himself ?, the other main question obviously being could Holy have success on the inside and stop Wlad tying him up.

Last edited by NChristo; 03-28-2011, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Holfield wins, most likely knocks out Wladimir at some point during the fight. Wladimir losing to Holfield is nothing to be ashamed of, I think Holfield is the best fighter since the 80s. Exsept for Bowe's short prime.

Comment

I don't see how Wlad beats Holyfield.

I can't see how Wlad will consistently keep Holyfield from getting inside. Holyfield's defense is also underrated IMO.

Like NChristo nicely put it it's all down to if Wlad could control the pace. Something I can't see him doing.

Comment

Bowe/Wlad is a poor comparison but i was just trying to point out the problems they pose for Holyfield(size and reach) and in addition to that Wlad has one hit KO power.

I just don't see how you can have Holyfield winning when Wlad presents the exact matchup the gave Holyfield all his problems and brings power to the table that Holyfield only tasted against Moorer.

Comment

Bowe/Wlad is a poor comparison but i was just trying to point out the problems they pose for Holyfield(size and reach) and in addition to that Wlad has one hit KO power.

I just don't see how you can have Holyfield winning when Wlad presents the exact matchup the gave Holyfield all his problems and brings power to the table that Holyfield only tasted against Moorer.
            Wlad has never fought a boxer close to as good as Holfield. You seriously overrate Wladimir and underrate Holyfield I was looking at your top fighters since the 70s. Which I think was a good attempted at a list, at least you tryed and obviously put some effort into it, but I don't know how you could have Wladimir so high and Holyfield so low. Holyfield would make a mess of Wladimir, Wladimir can't take the kind of heat that Holyfield can bring.
            Last edited by Holtol; 03-28-2011, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Holtol View Post
              Wlad has never fought a boxer close to as good as Holfield. You seriously overrate Wladimir and underrate Holyfield I was looking at your top fighters since the 70s. Which I think was a good attempted at a list, at least you tryed and obviously put some effort into it, but I don't know how you could have Wladimir so high and Holyfield so low. Holyfield would make a mess of Wladimir, Wladimir can't take the kind of heat that Holyfield can bring.

Its a simple case of one guy presenting the exact style that gives the other big trouble. I wouldn't argue at all if you had Holyfield ranked higher on your list or whatever but we are talking about a matchup and Wlad is the worst possible of matchup for Holyfield.
              Last edited by SCtrojansbaby; 03-28-2011, 07:27 PM.

Comment

That is great but it doesn't mean he would beat Wlad. Fights are about styles not resumes. Wlad has the style that always gave holyfield trouble and has one hit KO power to boot.

Also Chris Byrd is just as fast as Holyfield
                No it isnt about resume,but if i look at wlads i see knockout losses too fighters that are inferior too Holyfield,and please dont compare an old Byrd too a prime Holyfield,Evander had it all and then some and wlad has never dealt with anybody as good as him with all the tools he does,you are really missing the point

Comment

Its a simple case of one guy presenting the exact style that gives the other big trouble. I wouldn't argue at all if you had Holyfield ranked higher on your list or whatever but we are talking about a matchup and Wlad is the worst possible of matchup for Holyfield.
                  I disagree a well past it Holyfield damaged from many wars, In my mind beat Lewis in their second fight. I think Wladimir and Lewis are close in style and size. Exsept I think Lewis is just a little bit better. Holyfield in prime he beats Lewis and Wladimir.

Comment

Wlad wins this fight easy. Holyfield won't be able to get past Wlads jab often and if he does all Wlad has to do in clinch and then repeat.

Wlad by KO.

And don't forget that Holyfield is a roid user.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post

And don't forget that Holyfield is a roid user.
                      What has that got to do with how they match up h2h exactly ?.

It effects his legacy but that is not what we are talking about is it, Thread says prime Holyfield so we are using the Holy from his prime years regardless of if he was on roids or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X