No announcement yet.

Mayweather/Marquez: An Updated Analysis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jiddu Dali View Post
    this fight will be Mayeather showing everyone how talented he really is. He is gonna frustrate Marquez and when that happens....Marquez's HEART will take over and he will forget being smart and thats when Mayweather will go to work...

i could be wrong

You are exactly right. Mayweather just to skilled and he has JMM coming up in weight. Only guys that would give Floyd trouble are real welters like Cotto, Mosley or Marg. But he'll never fight any of them so we'll never know just how good Mayweather was. I hope I'm wrong and in the next few years Floyd takes on the 3 mentioned. If he does that and wins then he'll be a top 10 ATG for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post
      i just dont like the fact that everyone is counting him out of the fight when no one has seen floyd in the ring for 2 years... just like everyone is automatically dismissing Cotto..
      c'mon guy, jmm is fighting 2 divisions above 135 where we was struggling against diaz before jmm knocked him out.

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      This fight completely depends on Marquez.
      not really. it depends entirely on pbf and how rusty he is. if pbf is rusty, jmm has a chance. if not, jmm is asss-****ed.

this fight will be Mayeather showing everyone how talented he really is. He is gonna frustrate Marquez and when that happens....Marquez's HEART will take over and he will forget being smart and thats when Mayweather will go to work...

i could be wrong

what this fight will prove is that "the good big man beats the good little man".

Comment

i just dont like the fact that everyone is counting him out of the fight when no one has seen floyd in the ring for 2 years... just like everyone is automatically dismissing Cotto..
        b/c people are smart and know that May's skill set>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JMM's skill set

Comment

Floyd should retire if he only gets a SD against Marquez.

Like he said ''If I don't get the KO I will be dissapointed.''

Comment

Originally posted by sycomantz View Post
            b/c people are smart and know that May's skill set>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JMM's skill set
            their skill sets are pretty close, but pbf will win because he's bigger.

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
            Floyd should retire if he only gets a SD against Marquez.

Like he said ''If I don't get the KO I will be dissapointed.''
            floyd knows the deal.

Comment

their skills sets are far from close...Look at all the scars on JMM's face. that tell the story right there

Comment

c'mon man...

1) floyd is a gym rat
                2) JMM is going up 2 divisions to meet arguably the best boxer of our generation

you gotta admire the courage JMM has for doing this, but its foolhardy.

this fight will be Mayeather showing everyone how much bigger than jmm he really is.
                fixed...

He is gonna frustrate Marquez and when that happens....Marquez's HEART will take over and he will forget being smart
                nah... JMM is gonna fight like he fought casamayor.... controlled and disciplined.

and thats when Mayweather will go to work...
                pbf is too big. he will start working round 1.
                i could be wrong
                yeah, that's it.

Comment

their skills sets are far from close...Look at all the scars on JMM's face. that tell the story right there
                  nah... there was a time people were complaining that jmm couldn't be hit and was too defensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                    nah... there was a time people were complaining that jmm couldn't be hit and was too defensive.
                    that time has long been over,

May skill set>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jmm's

you evensaid yourself that May is arguably the best boxer of this generation...JMM isnt the 2nd bestandyou know it

Comment

that time has long been over,
                      jmm was pretty disciplined in the JMM fight. that card is always in JMM's deck and he can pull it out whenever he needs it.

May skill set>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jmm's
                      not really it is pretty close.
                      you evensaid yourself that May is arguably the best boxer of this generation...
                      yep, I said that, but that doesn't automatically make pbf skill set >>>>>>>>>>>>> jmm's skill set.

JMM isnt the 2nd best andyou know it
                      true.

Comment

Working...
                      X