Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arthur Abraham vs. Mahir Oral on June 27

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another 'keep active' fight for Abraham.

His opponent does have a decent record at 25-1-2 other than that I know nothing about his talents other than the one suggested by his name...

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Another 'keep active' fight for Abraham.

His opponent does have a decent record at 25-1-2 other than that I know nothing about his talents other than the one suggested by his name...
      Abraham needs to fight live opponents if he really believes he is the best MW in the world. He's going to call out the lineal champion then fight nobodies? I agree, Pavlik Abraham needs to happen inside a years time but I don't think this sort of fight selection is smart.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
        Abraham needs to fight live opponents if he really believes he is the best MW in the world. He's going to call out the lineal champion then fight nobodies? I agree, Pavlik Abraham needs to happen inside a years time but I don't think this sort of fight selection is smart.
        There's nobody out there. Sturm turned him down and who knows if Pavlik will step up.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          There's nobody out there. Sturm turned him down and who knows if Pavlik will step up.
          If Kelly Pavlik selected Mahir Oral NSB would be up in arms. There are several more seasoned and/or quality opponents. Even a good JMW would be better IMO. Just wondering cause I don't remember the press release but what happened with the Vernon Forrest fight? Forrest had an injury or something?

Comment

If Kelly Pavlik selected Mahir Oral NSB would be up in arms. There are several more seasoned and/or quality opponents. Even a good JMW would be better IMO. Just wondering cause I don't remember the press release but what happened with the Vernon Forrest fight? Forrest had an injury or something?
            The point about Pavlik is valid. But fans in the US won't care because it isn't taking any TV time like a Pavlik fight would. Forrest has claimed a rib injury won't allow him to fight Martinez. Somehow I think he'd get over it quickly if a middleweight title fight materialized for him though.

Comment

Duhhh, you guys are forgetting Oral is the WBC Mediterranean Champion, which is on a par with the ring magazine belt. This is the biggest Middleweight fight for 20 years.

Comment

And Abraham gets to fight Mahir Oral without being criticized? Imagine Pavlik chose to fight Oral! What a complete joke.
                Or what ya'll would say about Floyd if he was fighting mofos on that level.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  The point about Pavlik is valid. But fans in the US won't care because it isn't taking any TV time like a Pavlik fight would. Forrest has claimed a rib injury won't allow him to fight Martinez. Somehow I think he'd get over it quickly if a middleweight title fight materialized for him though.
                  No they won't care but Abraham needs to try and make some interesting matchups if Arum is going to be forced into a position to make this fight happen sooner than later. Abraham's profile among casual fans is nonexistent. The Miranda fight was excellent in regards to building this fight but he needs to do a bit more. I'd love to know what Arum has up his sleeve.

Comment

Yeah Pavlik got **** on in here big time for fighting Rubio, but at least Rubio was a decent name in a terrible division. Rubio was not considered a test or anything, but he had a resume with some decent names on it.

Comment

they should have forced the Lorenzo fight to purse bids. after AA wins he will want to fight Pavlik but will have to do his mandatory

Comment

Working...
                      X