No announcement yet.

The Official Mike "Mile High" Alvarado vs. Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    Toss up. Rios slightly more polished brawler, Alvarado bigger and proved his chin at the weight.
    Mike has better stamina as well. Dude is the energizer bunny in there from round 1 to 12.

Comment

Gonna go with Rios here, Alvarado couldn't handle Prescott's jab and Rios has an equally as good of a jab, if not better, plus Rios is gonna attack the body. I could see Rios getting hurt multiple times but pulling through. It's gonna be a great one though, a fan friendly type of fight, definitely FOTY material.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        I don't why Alvarado is overrated around here its a ok fight the one thing I like is Rios won't have a huge weight advantage but Alvarado is exactly the type of opponent I expected Rios to fight
        You voted for Mike.

Comment

who ever has the better chin wins this fight

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            Rios has done nothing at 140. Nada, This a huge risk in fighting Mike at 140 for his debut. And as you can see many favor Mike. As do I, Not sure why people overrate Rios TBH. The Acosta wins looks less and less impressive. Anthony Peterson still hasn't done anything.
            I disagree, Acosta was confident, showed really good skills. It seems that after his defeat against Rios he's lost his confidence, look at his last fight, he gets dropped and becomes overly tentative for the first four rounds, granted I thought he clearly won but his confidence hasn't been the same since. He seems to fall apart when he gets touched up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
              Gonna go with Rios here, Alvarado couldn't handle Prescott's jab and Rios has an equally as good of a jab, if not better, plus Rios is gonna attack the body. I could see Rios getting hurt multiple times but pulling through. It's gonna be a great one though, a fan friendly type of fight, definitely FOTY material.
              Prescott 5'11" and 72 reach and Rios 5'8" 68 reach

Mike Alvarado 5'9" 69.5 reach

Gonna be harder for Rios to stick that jab like Prescott without the reach.

Comment

Rios KO's him in the late rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                  Prescott 5'11" and 72 reach and Rios 5'8" 68 reach

Mike Alvarado 5'9" 69.5 reach

Gonna be harder for Rios to stick that jab like Prescott without the reach.
                  Alvarado isn't hard to find, one knows exactly where he's gonna be and Rios has a powerful jab. We'll see man, it's gonna be a tough fight for Rios but right now I like Rios' skills better.

Comment

when is Rios-Alvarado being targeted? just wondering

Comment

damn close fight but i got rios via cut stoppage imo

Comment

Working...
                      X