No announcement yet.

Ortiz looked sharp last night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
    You think a rematch with Maidana at 142 will help him? I agree with you at some extent...Ortiz just hates being hit, but at the same time he's easy to figure out he makes himself a wide target because he squares up instead of being flat...and that Jab is aweful!!! I think that Maidana ruined him mentally and if Ortiz hadn't quit he would have been worse than what we saw lastnight...I see three things Ortiz needs to change which is 1.) the move to 147, 2.) new trainer, and 3.) he needs to get his head right about recieving punishment...someone needs to talk to him or motivate this kid...someone like Marquez should just talk **** to Ortiz and really let him know that a punch won't kill him...he needs to be smart
    I don't think it's fair to Peterson to meet him at 142,Ortiz was a Jr MW when they last fought...Ortiz needs to move up to 147lb,the problem here is this might do more harm then good since guys who are WW are pretty big guys..Ortiz may need a new trainer,I hope he does get one he needs someone who can make him like a piece of iron..another thing I notice in his fight with Lamont was in exchanges he would lose umm..He is a big puncher and a good puncher but he does not know how to hit and not get hit,which means he needs someone who could make him an Margarito like animal..He needs to be able to take punishment or he is gonna lose alot more fights esp at WW..I like the kid I really do,but it's not looking good for him tbh..He had a 10-7 rd vs Peterson and fought him to a draw which in all realness means he lost the fight in rds..I had the fight a draw which means to me he really lost the fight..And tbh it's only gonna get harder for him at WW..

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
      He didn't fault under the pressure. It looked more to me like he was weight drained. The fact that he looked good in the beginning, and sluggish at the end shows this. His hands, feet, and all around defense were much slower than they usually are.

He would throw punches, miss, than stumble over. That shows how unresponsive his legs were. That was why he got countered so easily. If he had a history of that, than there's nothing I could say, but he obviously doesn't. Also, the fact he was so reluctant to throw in the clinches dispite having free hands (some of the time) shows he was too weak to do it. Proven by the fact he was by far the bigger man, and was still being pushed around. All that hopping in placed was him trying to assess the situation becuz he couldn't do anything about his physical weakness. That why in round 10 he looked the way he did, he had to put the pressure on Peterson right away becuz once Peterson got some distance, he wouldn't be able to get him again.

Another sign was when Peterson was throwing a combination in one of the rounds, he didn't even attempt to get out of the way which showed that Peterson's punches hardly bothered him if at all, he was just too weak to care. He needs to move up to 147. Maybe a rematch at a catchweight or something.
      He was buckled a few times by Peterson and was not rushing in on Peterson either which means Peterson's shots was doing damage..I stand by what I've been saying about Ortiz and that's that Maidana ruined him..If he can't find away to become that vicious guy he once was he is done as a boxer and will lose alot more fights he was supposed to win..

Comment

Working...
      X