No announcement yet.

I can not wait until Manny and Floyd retire,they are terrible for the sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eurochamp View Post
    Manny and Floyd are ruining the sport,point blank period and Arum and Oscar trying to keep fights in house are a cancer to the sport as well
    hardley, klitschko's the heavyweight champs are the ones that killed the most lucrative division with the jab jab hug

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
      hardley, klitschko's the heavyweight champs are the ones that killed the most lucrative division with the jab jab hug
      Why? because they actually fought everyone and dominated them? how is that ruining anything?they didn't give a thousand excuses why they would not fight someone nor do they have a promoter running their career's

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
        off the top of my head
        pacquiao-hatton
        pacquiao-cotto
        mayweather-castillo
        mayweather-corralles
        alvarado-rios
        chavez jr-martinez

golden boy has given us?
        canelo vs trash?
        mayweather-ortiz?

golden boy majority of the time is just feeding someone to another

atleast we get moreno-anselmo

good post mate. golden boy also gave us a great card in the "ko kings" showtime event.

canelo vs jasesito
        maidana vs karras
        ponce de leon vs gonzalez
        santa cruz vs morel

Comment

Even if Manny and Floyd retired at the end of the year, it's not as if the other guys could just step into their shoes. It takes time to build up the profile that both of them have.

It would mean that Arum, Haymon, HBO et al. would have to create some new stars alright though, at which point the whole cycle would start all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            Even if Manny and Floyd retired at the end of the year, it's not as if the other guys could just step into their shoes. It takes time to build up the profile that both of them have.

It would mean that Arum, Haymon, HBO et al. would have to create some new stars alright though, at which point the whole cycle would start all over again.
            I just want other fighters to get the attention they deserve.Because these 2 do not deserve it.

Comment

I hope they both lose and retire

Comment

It's Bob Arum and Pacquiao. Pacquiaos fans are the worst bandwagon trolls of the sport. Soon Pacquiao will be retired, and those fans will no longer watch boxing. They don't even like Donaire which I find hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                  It's Bob Arum and Pacquiao. Pacquiaos fans are the worst bandwagon trolls of the sport. Soon Pacquiao will be retired, and those fans will no longer watch boxing. They don't even like Donaire which I find hilarious!
                  The Floyd fans are no better man,all need to kill the noise and direct their infatuation to fighters who deserve it.

Comment

I don't think Floyd and Pacquiao are hurting boxing. How could having two great fighters in the sport hurt it. If they have some annoying fans just ignore them. The fact that they will probably never fight each other even though the fans want them to fight is really no big deal. When they fight it's against high rated fighters and they put on a good show. The Mayweather-Cotto fight was a good fight between two very good fighters. Pacquiao-Bradley was two top ten pfp. fighters against each other even if it was just an average fight. Mayweather and Pacquiao have every right to keep making the big bucks for as long as they want to. They earned that right by fighting their way up to the top. I believe Pacquiao's fight with Marquez is going to be a good one and I am looking forward to it. If Mayweather fights again I think he will fight a top fighter and perform well. When either one of them retires I think they will be missed. Boxing will do fine with or without them. There are many good fighters all over the world and more coming up all the time. These two top guys cannot ruin boxing or save boxing. I do think they help boxing by bring world wide attention to the sport. Just about everyone in the world knows who Floyd and Manny are including non boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
                      ive been sayin this for years now. bob arum ruins the sport as well.
                      Bob arum has built up the sport more than anyone in the past 30 years and is responsible for the biggest names today being where they are.

Comment

Working...
                      X