Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explain why Sergio Martinez vs floyd mayweather at 160 doesnt make sense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    They've been lobbying hard to get Floyd in with the middleweights the last two weeks

I wonder why...coincidence?
    I'd like to see Mayweather vs Martinez at 154. I don't know where all this 160 sh-t came from. Every body was pretty much okay with Mayweather-Martinez at 150 when Martinez said he'd go down. Now all of a sudden people want the fight at 160. Boxing fans are weird, they like to move the goal post much.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      This site's been salivating for Mayweather-Martinez for a little more than 2 years now. With Pac out of the picture, that's the only risk left for Mayweather, and most people want to see it at 160 rather than 154.
      The idea of Floyd getting the lineal championship at 160 is great and all, but is entirely unrealistic. Martinez offered 154 for Floyd. I don't think Sergio will be able to make 154 without killing himself and at 160 I think he dispatches Floyd with ease. What are we even left with, Sergio's lineal on the line at a 155 cw?

I've wanted this fight for years, but it is not very feasible. It is pretty much lose-lose-lose for Floyd (but what isn't with the tard legion around the last few years). Fight Martinez at 154 for Floyd's titles? Sergio was drained. Fight at 160? Floyd gets hammered. Fight at 155 cw? Hurrrr catchweight, martinez drained.

Lose. Lose. Lose.

Comment

• It makes sense at 154. Martinez said he could make 54 and Floyd has never fought at 160. Floyd vs Martinez at 154 is the best fight Floyd could make for the fans....definitely dont want to see it at 150.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          The idea of Floyd getting the lineal championship at 160 is great and all, but is entirely unrealistic. Martinez offered 154 for Floyd. I don't think Sergio will be able to make 154 without killing himself and at 160 I think he dispatches Floyd with ease. What are we even left with, Sergio's lineal on the line at a 155 cw?

I've wanted this fight for years, but it is not very feasible. It is pretty much lose-lose-lose for Floyd (but what isn't with the tard legion around the last few years). Fight Martinez at 154 for Floyd's titles? Sergio was drained. Fight at 160? Floyd gets hammered. Fight at 155 cw? Hurrrr catchweight, martinez drained.

Lose. Lose. Lose.
          A catchweight with no title on the line would be the best option, but Mayweather would probably never do that. And I'm with you now, with every fight that Sergio has at 160, I believe less that he will make 154.

I do want it, it's the biggest fight in the sport at the moment, but I'm not expecting it. The best thing Mayweather could do is fight Martinez at 160 next year for a retirement fight. Even if he lost, the risk involved would be amazing for him.

Comment

A catchweight with no title on the line would be the best option, but Mayweather would probably never do that. And I'm with you now, with every fight that Sergio has at 160, I believe less that he will make 154.

I do want it, it's the biggest fight in the sport at the moment, but I'm not expecting it. The best thing Mayweather could do is fight Martinez at 160 next year for a retirement fight. Even if he lost, the risk involved would be amazing for him.
            It isn't unprecedented given that Robinson fought Maxim at a big weight disadvantage.

Floyd fought Marquez at a catchweight with no title on the line and didn't bother to even honor it, so Floyd has shown some willingness to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
              It isn't unprecedented given that Robinson fought Maxim at a big weight disadvantage.

Floyd fought Marquez at a catchweight with no title on the line and didn't bother to even honor it, so Floyd has shown some willingness to do so.
              Marquez was easy, and we all knew it. Sergio at a catchweight is a huge risk, one Mayweather hasn't shown any willingness to take in a very long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                So if Floyd doesn't fight Sergio Martinez at 160 lbs, it's a duck??? Jesus this place is incredible.....incredibly stupid.
                He'a a master At Ducking you haven't figured that out.

Comment

Marquez was easy, and we all knew it. Sergio at a catchweight is a huge risk, one Mayweather hasn't shown any willingness to take in a very long time.
                  I realize this, but I still do see some hope since Martinez is a very marketable opponent.

Comment

• Wtf is this thread.

Floyd came from a midget division. Sergio is a natural 154-160 fighter.

Leave Floyd the hell alone. This guy was weighting at like 130 baby style.
                    You want him to fight at 160 now?

Admit it.. yOU guys just want to see him get 'mayweathered' so we can create a super photoshop of Floyd and Manny together.

Comment

• wow, even floyd mayweather jr.'s, diehard fans, go to great lengths to excuse him out of high risk, high reward fights, and proctect his zero...lol

Comment

Working...
                      X