No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beard Believes Matthew Hatton Still Has The Hunger

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beard Believes Matthew Hatton Still Has The Hunger

Matthew Hatton still retains the "hunger" to work his way back into title contention, according to his new trainer.

Hatton is back under the watchful eye of Manchester's Lee Beard, who was a vital part of Team Hatton back in the glory years.

'Magic' Matthew split with Bob Shannon following his defeat to Kell Brook in Sheffield earlier this year and had been considering his options for a new trainer.

A recent spell with Oliver Harrison came to nothing but when Hatton approached Beard last week the trainer was only too happy to be re-united with the former European welterweight champion.

And with the 31-year-old losing two out of his last three (including a lop-sided defeat to the classy Saul Alvarez in Mexico) Beard believes he can guide Hatton back to a title shot.

"I do a lot of technical work, but I work a lot on the defensive side of things," said Beard. "He said he felt he was getting hit a lot easier in his last few fights. [Click Here To Read More]

absolutely, i see no reason why he cant be a journeyman in 2012

Comment

He can have all the hunger he wants he still won't beat any of the top welters today.

Comment

This gets sadder and sadder every news report!

Comment

Hunger won't make him a decent boxer.

Comment

let's hope he doesnt have the same hunger as his brother. or he'll be fighting at heavyweight soon enough

Comment

He's going to starve if that's all he has left. Beard didn't mention a better jab or head movement, nothing that improves his chances, so what's the point.

Comment

Hattons are always hungry especially Ricky.

Ricky's hunger is shown when he is overweight off the fights.

Comment

Matthew would be well served to just keep fighting on the domestic level to make a little more $$$ before he hangs them up. Dude will NEVER be on the elite world title level. I don't ever want to see him fighting someone like Canelo again.

Comment

Working...
                  X